Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #141
Pip Boy

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Strong Handshake
+1 ST for handgrip only. May give a +1 bonus for Intimidation or appropriate social skill against "manly" N/PCs.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #142
cybermancer2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornific
Sexy - You get +1 on Reaction rolls from individuals attracted to your sex in sexual and romantic situations only.
Those situations where you think (s)he's hot, but you can't quite put your finger on why... this would work.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #143
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by t@nya
8) Fortune

Due to your incredible luck, you don't have to go job hunting. Instead your luck enables you to earn an average wage (at your level of Wealth), as long as you spend the same time hunting up lucky "opportunities" as you would spend in a "normal job". You gain your money from returning lost property to its owner (pets, jewellery, etc), pawning valuable items lost by others, recycling cans, from money lost on the street, from finding an unclaimed lottery ticket, etc, etc. This works no matter what type of world/universe you find yourself in, and enables you to survive even if you would otherwise be unable to find a job due to lack of identification and/or documentation of your employment history.
Great minds think alike - I've actually allowed this on a PC with Probability Alteration power before, except we called it Moneyclip Magnet and it worked a little bit differently.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #144
t@nya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty
Great minds think alike - I've actually allowed this on a PC with Probability Alteration power before, except we called it Moneyclip Magnet and it worked a little bit differently.
Great minds indeed. The character in question who has the perk has powers involved with quantum physics and the alteration of probabilities. Hopefully, one day I'll get to play her. :(
t@nya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #145
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

What's The Name of That Song?

Once per day, by humming or whistling a "catchy" song in a non-combat situation, you can temporarily disrupt others' concentration. Those around you should make a Perception roll, on a success, they lose their train of thought for the next 30 seconds. The song is up to the player, though in the modern world, "The Stars and Stripes Forever" can be especially effective ....

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #146
Dantar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man

Once per day, by humming or whistling a "catchy" song in a non-combat situation, you can temporarily disrupt others' concentration. Those around you should make a Perception roll, on a success, they lose their train of thought for the next 30 seconds. The song is up to the player, though in the modern world, "The Stars and Stripes Forever" can be especially effective ....
Lol. I like this. I'd say less than 30 seconds though, a 10 second or so confusion is still pretty effective. Perhaps a accompanying quirk would be providing little clues that never quite help ;)

Old 06-26-2008, 02:36 AM   #147
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Cool ability but the inabilty to take a concentration maneuver for multiple rounds is surely worth more than 1 point.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:39 AM   #148
pnewman

Peasant Feet - For many years you did not wear shoes. You have a thick layer of calluses of the bottom of your feet that provides DR 1* to the bottom of your feet. You do not need to wear shoes for warmth at any temperature within your comfort zone.
pnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:06 AM   #149
Figleaf23
Banned

Quote:

As others have remarked, this is WAAAAY powerful for a perk. It could put an opposing mage out of a whole combat scenario.

On the other hand, if you limit it to non-combat only, a -1 modifier on thinking and concentration for up to an hour would be okay.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #150
Not another shrubbery

Quote:

Heh... bringing to mind a recollection of The Honeymooners episode "The $99,000 Answer" *G*

I've never been able to hear Suwanee River without thinking of that :)
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, perks