Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #51
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Decks of Destiny - Late April

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
I just had a first look at all the new hex tiles and chits that come with the Adventures book. Most excellent!
Thank you. The team is doing a great job of bringing those new components into the game. I’m looking forward to seeing what they produce next.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:41 AM   #52
philreed
I do stuff and things.

The Decks of Destiny box set includes various packs of cards/accessories. After our experience with the Legacy Edition last year, we've made arrangements to offer many of these packs as separate add-on items. This way you can grab extras of the components that you expect to use the most.

* Player's Pack - unaffected by project stretch goals. Includes the option cards, two dry erase character cards, a dry erase marker, and a 16-page character journal.

* Rumors & Treasures - a buncha cards and two journals. Some of the stretch goals add more cards and pages to the journals.

* Adversaries - a whole lotta cards! Some of the stretch goals add more cards.

* Labyrinths - 62 cards and a journal to record your adventures (or to plan adventures!).

* megahexes - six new sheets of megahex tiles. Some stretch goals add more sheets. These are illustrated on one side and blank on the other.

And there are more accessories packed inside the larger I Want All The Newness reward level, including at least one new playmat. And after response to the two color choices, we're going to make both color options available: If you select this reward level, you'll choose one of the two color designs in BackerKit. (Of course, both will be add-ons for those of you who want more playmats.)

We're still planning to launch the project before the end of this month. (But not on the weekend. And likely not on Tuesday, since we have a distributor show to fly out to on that day.)

We hope to see many of you join us when the Kickstarter campaign goes live!
Old 04-27-2019, 08:47 AM   #53
larsdangly

Sounds spectacular! I'll be hiding in shadows, armed with my credit card and ready to pounce as soon as the quarry breaks from cover and is spotted in the open.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:29 AM   #54
Frost Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We're still planning to launch the project before the end of this month. (But not on the weekend. And likely not on Tuesday, since we have a distributor show to fly out to on that day.)

Hmmm......that leaves WEDNESDAY!
Frost Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #55
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Giant View Post
Hmmm......that leaves WEDNESDAY!
Well, no... If they are going to do it BEFORE the end of the month, that actually only leaves Monday... ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 11:56 AM   #56
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
The Decks of Destiny box set includes various packs of cards/accessories. After our experience with the Legacy Edition last year, we've made arrangements to offer many of these packs as separate add-on items. This way you can grab extras of the components that you expect to use the most.

* Player's Pack - unaffected by project stretch goals. Includes the option cards, two dry erase character cards, a dry erase marker, and a 16-page character journal.

* Rumors & Treasures - a buncha cards and two journals. Some of the stretch goals add more cards and pages to the journals.

* Adversaries - a whole lotta cards! Some of the stretch goals add more cards.

* Labyrinths - 62 cards and a journal to record your adventures (or to plan adventures!).

* megahexes - six new sheets of megahex tiles. Some stretch goals add more sheets. These are illustrated on one side and blank on the other.

And there are more accessories packed inside the larger I Want All The Newness reward level, including at least one new playmat. And after response to the two color choices, we're going to make both color options available: If you select this reward level, you'll choose one of the two color designs in BackerKit. (Of course, both will be add-ons for those of you who want more playmats.)

Say, Phil, I saw your "props" over on the Facebook page. And I made a suggestion that you guys consider offering such things as stretch goals in future TFT Kickstarters... Props are an "undiscovered country" for some reason in Fantasy RPGs (though they are widely used in games like Call of Cthulhu -- to the point where sculptors make props such as busts or "keys" or other tangible things for use in that game), despite the fact that EGG tried to do that sort of thing in products like Tomb of Horrors and Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. I'm hoping you all will sit down and discuss that as a possibility -- things like your Wanted Posters (or the menus you mentioned) or old tattered maps or cryptic clues done up on parchment would be a very nice add-on to many adventures and rumor compilations!
Old 04-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #57
revshafer

For myself I’d prefer to make my own props. They are one shots for use with my group. I really like the cards and such because they spark my imagination. I can keep coming back to them to discover new things.
revshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:16 PM   #58
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by revshafer View Post
For myself I’d prefer to make my own props. They are one shots for use with my group. I really like the cards and such because they spark my imagination. I can keep coming back to them to discover new things.
And that's fine for you. But there are other people who lack the time, materials, equipment and possibly the patience and skill to do their own props, and something like that would be a huge benefit for them.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #59
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Say, Phil, I saw your "props" over on the Facebook page. And I made a suggestion that you guys consider offering such things as stretch goals in future TFT Kickstarters...
Props can be a lot of fun, but they definitely take some effort to do right. The Illuminati Coins we produced -- http://www.warehouse23.com/products/illuminati-coins -- turned out great. I'd like to take a stab at coins for The Fantasy Trip.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #60
Frost Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Well, no... If they are going to do it BEFORE the end of the month, that actually only leaves Monday... ;-)
"Late April"..........:)
Frost Giant is offline   Reply With Quote