Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 11-02-2018, 01:42 AM   #1
zot

Default Does a Reptile Man double their HTH damage before or after their UC/Brawling bonus?

The subject says it all...
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:52 AM   #2
larsdangly

Default Re: Does a Reptile Man double their HTH damage before or after their UC/Brawling bonu

Good question; I would say after.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #3
hcobb

Default Re: Does a Reptile Man double their HTH damage before or after their UC/Brawling bonu

The difference between an adjacent hex strike and HTH is that in HTH the RP is adding a bite to her claw attack so give her a second attack rather than doubled damage.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #4
Helborn

I would say before. UC is the knowledge of WHERE and/or HOW to hit. Claws and teeth simply do more damage in that location than hands and fingernails.
ITL pg 39 (1) because of his jaws and claws, he does double the HTH damage that a human of equivalent ST would (Nothing is mentioned about this being a double attack which would require a separate roll at -4DX to one of them - like a RM tail)
Old 11-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
hcobb

What form of martial arts trains biting?
Old 11-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #6
Skarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Chomp Fu, Dragon Fu...
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #7
Tenex

Quote:
Kino Mutai, aka Kinomutay trains in it. I've never trained in it or even seen it, but I've been told that they train on taking successive small bites rather than one big one.

But on another level, why wouldn't a reptile man martial art exist? Human martial arts emphasize our "natural" weapons, i.e. elbows, knees, etc. I would imagine a reptile man martial art would emphasize such a wonderous natural advantage.
Tenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #8
zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenex View Post
Kino Mutai, aka Kinomutay trains in it. I've never trained in it or even seen it, but I've been told that they train on taking successive small bites rather than one big one.

But on another level, why wouldn't a reptile man martial art exist? Human martial arts emphasize our "natural" weapons, i.e. elbows, knees, etc. I would imagine a reptile man martial art would emphasize such a wonderous natural advantage.
My thoughts as well. But of course I wasn't trying to solicit opinions, I was asking for a ruling from Steve. Not that I mind other people's musings, though.
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #9
hcobb

So the PC RPs are going to need to roll how many dice vs IQ to find a Dragon Fu teacher in a city of 10k people and 20 RPs?
Old 11-02-2018, 06:36 PM   #10
tomc

Quote:
The difference between an adjacent hex strike and HTH is that in HTH the RP is adding a bite to her claw attack so give her a second attack rather than doubled damage.
I'd consider it part of the 5 seconds worth of attacks she gets that turn, and just double it.

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote