Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
The Big Boo

Default Another cheat and ship enhancer question?

A person can play a ship card and use a cheat card to play a second ship card.

Or a person can play a ship card and use a cheat card to add a ship enhancer that they could not normally use (such as british using a poop deck)

This much we all know to be true,

What my friend did the other night was play a ship card, a few turns later used cheat to add the poop deck even though they were british, then claims that the cheat affected the whole ship so was now leagally allowed to play a second ship.

Is that correct do ships and ship enhancers become one and so a cheat card affects them all as if they were one item?
The Big Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Another cheat and ship enhancer question?

Hmmmm. I'm going to say that the Cheat! is on Poop Deck, not on the Ship, so it only affects Poop Deck.

However, the Ship Enhancer is attached thus: If the Ship goes, the Enhancer goes. However, one can normally detach a Ship Enhancer in order to discard it (not trade, not move to another Ship, but a discard) in order to sell it, or for Curses/Bad Stuff which say you must discard Items or cards.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
The Big Boo

Thanks very much for the reply,

I can't wait to rub this forum post in my friends face at our next munchkin get together.

Sadly Our next munchkin get together will be his birthday and I have bought him Munchkin Quest so I doubt we will end up playing Munchkin Booty anyway.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
However, the Ship Enhancer is attached thus: If the Ship goes, the Enhancer goes. However, one can normally detach a Ship Enhancer in order to discard it (not trade, not move to another Ship, but a discard) in order to sell it, or for Curses/Bad Stuff which say you must discard Items or cards.
Wow, is that a new change? I thought we couldn't detach Enhancers for any reason. You said so here (albeit in it 2008, so you could have changed your mind). I'm fairly sure there's other, more recent rulings from both you and Andrew saying the opposite of this too. Plus, what's the point of a Ship Enhancer adding its value to the Ship it's attached to (from the Booty Rules) if you can just go and sell the Ship Enhancer?
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
The Big Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
Wow, is that a new change? I thought we couldn't detach Enhancers for any reason. You said so here (albeit in it 2008, so you could have changed your mind). I'm fairly sure there's other, more recent rulings from both you and Andrew saying the opposite of this too. Plus, what's the point of a Ship Enhancer adding its value to the Ship it's attached to (from the Booty Rules) if you can just go and sell the Ship Enhancer?
If you sell the ship you are also discarding it, I guess what they are trying to get at is you can sell individual enhancers or you can sell the ship as a whole but you can't sell the ship and keep the enhancers!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
Clipper

I just found the more recent example (one month ago) where MunchkinMan said selling of attached ship enhancers alone wasn't allowed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Once a Ship Enhancer is attached to a Ship, it's attached to the Ship. You can't take it off to sell it.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheat, enhancer, ship