Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
mook

Default Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Howdy Folks -

My gaming blog is updated more sporadically than many of the other GURPS blogs, but I did post something this morning on different kinds of things to use for miniatures and tokens, as well as a way of visually tracking shock penalties using the magnetic status markers from Alea Tools:

Streamlining Combat With Tokens.

Enjoy!
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Excellent! Another member of the forums has joined the Brotherhood of Bloggers Who Talk About Their Blogs Loudly. Welcome, brother, your decoder ring is on its way. ;-)

I rather like how you do your tokens. I do something similar, but use 2D hex tokens instead. I mark them with a dot of a different color and number them. But I like yours better I think.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
mook

I've not yet posted a recap of the recent OrcCon 2014, but in the meantime I have updated the page for the game I ran twice, GURPS Special Ops, Operation: Needle. Download links are there for the GM sheets I used to run, as well as the complete character packets for the six pre-gens.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
mook

Another quick post about tokens, this time noting how to match colored tokens and dice to speed up large combats.

Essentially, rolling 4 sets of 3d6 in place of a single set to generate multiple results with a single fling!
Old 09-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
mook

I have updated with a recap of last weekend's super-fun Gateway 2014 convention, including the two GURPS: Bunnies & Burrows games I ran.

I'm also thinking about migrating the entire site to Wordpress (instead of the hodge-podge, old school conglomeration it is now, with Wordpress just handling the blogs), once I feel like I can do so and still have an easy way to display all the current content (particularly the combat examples and the downloads).
Old 09-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
I'm also thinking about migrating the entire site to Wordpress (instead of the hodge-podge, old school conglomeration it is now, with Wordpress just handling the blogs), once I feel like I can do so and still have an easy way to display all the current content (particularly the combat examples and the downloads).
I highly suggest Blogger instead of Wordpress - I switched from Wordpress about a year ago and I've had none of the issues I did with Wordpress. Wordpress was forever crashing on me and making my life miserable with posting.

Become a Patron!
Old 09-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
I highly suggest Blogger instead of Wordpress - I switched from Wordpress about a year ago and I've had none of the issues I did with Wordpress. Wordpress was forever crashing on me and making my life miserable with posting.
It took me a few minutes to figure out the issue here (because my installation of Wordpress has never crashed on me, ever) -- I think you are talking about wordpress.com, which is similar to Blogger in that the blog is proprietarily hosted by the company.

I'm talking about wordpress.org, which is the "self-hosted" version... that is, I installed it myself and maintain it on a domain that I own, and have never had a single problem with it in many years. I was just talking about maybe using it as the 'engine' for my whole site, instead of just the blog.

As a total aside ... there is another GURPSer on a different message board I frequent also named Ghostdancer, and it wasn't until just this past weekend I realized you are two different people. :)
Old 09-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #8
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
It took me a few minutes to figure out the issue here (because my installation of Wordpress has never crashed on me, ever) -- I think you are talking about wordpress.com, which is similar to Blogger in that the blog is proprietarily hosted by the company.

I'm talking about wordpress.org, which is the "self-hosted" version... that is, I installed it myself and maintain it on a domain that I own, and have never had a single problem with it in many years. I was just talking about maybe using it as the 'engine' for my whole site, instead of just the blog.

As a total aside ... there is another GURPSer on a different message board I frequent also named Ghostdancer, and it wasn't until just this past weekend I realized you are two different people. :)
Ahh, you got yours server side. Ah, well then. Carry on. And who is this imposter?!

Become a Patron!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #9
mook

Some thoughts on how GURPS and Fate have similar design goals, and GURPS books I've found particularly useful for getting that fuzzy "Fate" kind of feel.

Last edited by mook; 09-11-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #10
mook

I've been asked a few times which options from Power-Ups 5: Impulse Buys we use to allow more narrative control for the players -- this post is the answer!

Tags
blog, blogs