Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
KjetilKverndokken

Default Re: What Should I get?

Shall do that, need to put the game together first. Gonna make it a very personal game, really bringing out the dark side of the land.
KjetilKverndokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #22
Azel

In Nomine is the only game for which I've bought all the hard copy books. I really think it's that amazing of a world. It can potentially ask serious questions of the player, taxing their moral compass and their acting muscles. And considering each celestial's power level leaves them pretty darn slippery, it can also tax their strategic muscles as well.

That said, might I give you some initial advice. Watch very closely what characters your players generate. Not all Superiors or bands/choirs play nice, especially in Hell (and doubly so in mixed parties). Be ready for PvP (player vs. player), party splitting up, note passing, and real button pushing. This can be lots of fun. However, get everyone on board with that to avoid In Character anger leaking into Out of Character relations. Also be very forthright about the themes and mood you'll be playing out as well.

You'll be surprised how often people you thought could handle a game like this really can't. I know I have. I've learned to be very direct and selective since. It sounds like you and your group are seasoned veteran gamers, so I'm sure you already know everything like that. But it's a good disclaimer to repeat -- particularly to any lurking new players.
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #23
KjetilKverndokken

Had very much more indept kind of games then this, like Promethean thats goes into the essence of what it means to be human, and Dogs in the Vinyard that actually goes to the players, not the characters, of what a moral compass is.

And the players are always on board on stuff like, this game you do cooperate - this game you can scheme against each other - this game you can hurt each other etc etc.

We always do a creation session upfront, where we discuss game tones and themes, what type of character everybody wants. Al players must agree upon a character concept before it can be used. We have great cooperation in our group.

---

I want to do this game, because i want to surprise my players with a new environ, as they are very knowledgeable with Demon the Fallen, this game is similar, but still very different that it may be very fun.

Hoping for first session next week or on sunday.
KjetilKverndokken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta