Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #841
vitruvian

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwibos View Post
Thanks

Thanks for the compliment!

It actually started when we were wishing for super powers while play The Other Angsty game with super powers (Mage: The Ascension). Most people wanted to fly. Sombody mentioned the bee bit from Simpsons. Another person reminded me of a spell that let's disgorge snakes.

I believe I said. "Snakes are ok. But man, what about polar bears?" And then I laughed myself stupid at the thought.

We weren't high, unless you count Cheetos as a drug.
Have you seen Despicable Me? The antagonist has a (hilariously ineffective) squid launcher. My comment: "So that's where Suicide Squid has gotten to."
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #842
Figleaf23
Banned

Hard to Tag: DR50 (Ablative -80%, Hardened 2 +40%, Probability Power-10%, Must be able to move* -30%, Net = -80%. Cost 1/DR. [50]

*i.e. Capable of taking a move or change posture maneuvre in their next turn. (Note, they don't have to take the maneuver, this is just the theoretical definition used for 'able to move'.)
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #843
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
Hard to Tag: DR50 (Ablative -80%, Hardened 2 +40%, Probability Power-10%, Must be able to move* -30%, Net = -80%. Cost 1/DR. [50]

*i.e. Capable of taking a move or change posture maneuvre in their next turn. (Note, they don't have to take the maneuver, this is just the theoretical definition used for 'able to move'.)
Doesn't work if they target your eyes? I'd probably sacrifice a level of the Hardened to get Force Field...
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #844
Psychotime

Nice thread.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #845
bigbrownbear

The `GURPS 4 - Advantages.pdf' file/document can be found @ the following link: http://qke4ha.blu.livefilestore.com/...ownload&psid=1
bigbrownbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #846
Psychotime

Slicing Dash
Enhanced Move (Ground) 1 (All-Out -20%, Cosmic (Instantaneous Acceleration) +50%, Road Bound -50%, Link +10%) [18]
Cutting Attack 1 (Aura +80%, Melee Attack: Reach C -30%, Partial Dice (+1) +3, Link +10%) [16]
Permeation (Common (Enemies) 20, Can Carry Objects (No Encumbrance) +10%, Accessibility (Only during Slicing Dash) -30%) [16]

You dash forward in a straight line, slicing through any enemies in your way.

Last edited by Psychotime; 06-17-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Psychotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #847
Lex_BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham2anv View Post
Healing Blood (+400%): Affliction 1 (Advantage, Fast Regeneration, +500%; Extended Duration, x10, +40%; Blood Agent, -40%; Costs Hit Points, 2 HP, -20%; Preparation Required, 10 minutes, -30%; Temporary Disadvantage, lose Fast Regeneration, -50%) [50]. 50 points.

By transferring a significant amount of his blood to the subject, a character with Fast Regeneration may grant that ability to the subject at the expense of his own healing factor.

Notes: I’m not sure about the Temporary Disadvantage, since as written it isn’t legal for attacks, but I’m using it to “shut off” the user’s regeneration for the duration of the affliction. This ability is a beneficial affliction and has Fast Regeneration as a prerequisite.
When one of my players with a regenerative super-hero tried to give some of his blood to someone who was dying, his blood cells attacked the other person as if they were an outside agent inside his own body and outright killed him on the spot.

Having actual healing blood with no compatibility issues (AB+ i think? not sure) would be a world changing event.. Such a character would serve the world better by simply donating blood to hospitals and the red cross (or selling) every day than fighting crime.
He could get filthy rich for it, too.
Lex_BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #848
Derago

Is the advantages PDF available for download anywhere now?
Derago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #849
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derago View Post
Is the advantages PDF available for download anywhere now?
I mirrored it on my website:
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/#GURPSAdvantages
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 07-11-2011 at 07:34 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #850
Lamech

Pun: Affliction: Cumulative +400%, Inflicts Modular Ability: Cosmic +100%, only works on reptiles, or reptile-like creatures -20%, reduced range 3 -30%, blood agent -40%. Extended Duration*10 +40% inaccurate 3 -15% nuisance effect (makes stealth difficult) -5% 53 points total.

This ability allows the user to produce concentrated cosmic power and fire it. If this gets into the targets system they will be able to use it however they see fit. The power itself glows brightly being the power of creating make stealth impossible while it is used. (Not intended to be balanced I just wanted to see what I could do.)
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurpsland, house rules, pdf, powers, sample powers