Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
Hastur

Default {IC} Bodycount

Scene:

Our Heroes, Meric, The Cleric, and Darrion, The Wildling emerge from the forest facing west after a wearying 2 hour hike. By the light of the setting sun they can see before them, about 500 yards away, a shallow deppression with an large ominous hill in the middle, It is called Skull Hill and it resembles the name due to 2 indentations for eyes on near its weathered top and a cave opening as a mouth.

They also see a large hunched ogrish figure carrying a sack over each shoulder walking up an incline to enter the hill's mouth. The sacks each have a pair of humanoid legs sticking out and kicking about

They smell the fresh pine smell from the forest behind them and an unpleasant odor from themselves.

They hear insects buzzing about and birds chirping

DARRION: your wolf has answered the call and so has your eagle, the hike has cost you 8 fatuige points

MERIC: the hike has cost you 2 fatuige points because i dont know how much you are encumbered by

(feel free to introduce yourselves useing some artistic licence)
Hastur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
LemmingLord

Default Re: {IC} Bodycount

"There it is... just as the old man from scene 23 said... For the children, there will be gold at hand by the sack load. But what is this I see? Yonder ogres carry our countryman in bondage!! You are weary from our long journey. Let us get down and watch them from afar until we are ready to strike simultaneously. We shall bring the loving caress of death to these thieves of men...or perhaps even.... women...." Meric says women with a gleam in his eye and he adjusts himself.

Meric tries to use the hill for cover, removing his heavy gear and helping his companion unload some of his to use this as a makeshift basecamp.

"I have just realized that we haven't ranged weapons. I fear if we attack at even odds that we will soon be back in the loving bossom of our maker! What ways canst we think to trick these foul denegrators of mankind? Coulds't we set a trap and ambush? What could'th we do to draw them in even if we could? We should keep our voices down lest ogres have the hearing of your friend the wolf."
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
Hastur

The party plans amongst themselves, and begin to rest

Every 10 minutes of rest regains 1 FP

9 minutes into thier rest, the ogre reemerges and rolls the boulder in front of the cave oppening closed from the inside. It seems the heroes will have to find another way inside, ...unless they have the strength of an ogre.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
LemmingLord

"By Eastre's flesh, we must decide a course soon!!" says Meric stroking his might red beard, then he adds with a twinkle, "lest our countrymen in the bags turn out to become a course at the ogre's dinner table!! Do you know if Ogre's mean to eat humans or if they have strange Ogre rituals? Did you see them wiggling? If they be dead perhaps we have more time to consider the situation..."
Old 01-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
Hastur

Meric rolls Per10 = 11 fail, he recalls no additional details

Darrion rolls Per13 = 12 win, He recalls one body in the sacs was full grown, if petite, and kicking about. while the other was smaller, perhaps a child, or Hobbit, and limp.

ogres eating people is a matter of taste, but the majority would prefer other roast meats.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
younglorax

"Aye, they were wiggling alright. I'd say the one was a woman, or a small man maybe, and t'other a child, or maybe a hobbit." He scratches the side of his stubbly face, sweat from the hike rubbing off onto his hands. "As for immediate action, I'm not in fit shape for a fight with an ogre right now. To have enough strength to call on the Forest One's power I'd need to rest a good hour. Whatever we do, first thing is to find a way in." He turns to the wolf, and makes a series of growling gutteral sounds.

"Wolf, I need you to find us another way into that cave, but stay out of sight. Come back when you've found us something, or once the sun has fully set."

The wolf barks once, Darrion pats his head, and then he trots off. "I've got Wolf looking for a way in. I'd like to rest here for a while."
younglorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
LemmingLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglorax
"Aye, they were wiggling alright. I'd say the one was a woman, or a small man maybe, and t'other a child, or maybe a hobbit." He scratches the side of his stubbly face, sweat from the hike rubbing off onto his hands. "As for immediate action, I'm not in fit shape for a fight with an ogre right now. To have enough strength to call on the Forest One's power I'd need to rest a good hour. Whatever we do, first thing is to find a way in." He turns to the wolf, and makes a series of growling gutteral sounds.

"Wolf, I need you to find us another way into that cave, but stay out of sight. Come back when you've found us something, or once the sun has fully set."

The wolf barks once, Darrion pats his head, and then he trots off. "I've got Wolf looking for a way in. I'd like to rest here for a while."
"Here, let me help you with your burden.. You are a man of much stoicism... I should have offered earlier but I could not tell but until now that our loads were so unequal! On our way back let me carry the bigger things."

A good hour?? Great mother of Nakezan. A woman to rescue... What reason would they have to leave her alive? What use would I have for someone I kidnapped.. They can't want money... What else... oh dear!!

Meric sits in the reclining jack rabbit meditation position and breathes deeply. He whispers his prayer, "Greatest Eastre, Bearer of All Good Fruit, Mother to All Mankind Who Owes You For Its Life; And For All Pleasures of Existence; Guide Us Through Our Mortal Journies To Sew The Seeds and Reap The Benefits. Make it come to be."
Old 01-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
Hastur

*The wolf trots down the valley to Skull Hill, it maneuvers its way through the undergrowth Roll tracking14 = 10!win! and picks up a trail of a stinky small 4 footed burrower. It leads back around the hillside, Wolf hears somone approaching and hides .Roll sneak Vrs 12 = 12win!. From the undergrowth Wolf sees an armed and armoured humanoid leading a small flock of sheeps back toward the cave entrence. After the coast is clear, Wolf continues and reaches a small crack in a stone patch of the hillside, It can fit a man, but jsut barely, and from it emenates the stench of decay, and something else, much fouler, nearly overpowering. Wolf decides its had enough and heads back to report in to Darrion.*
Old 01-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
Hastur

*Meric/Darrion sit down to Pray/Commune with nature and by the grace of Eastre/Nordrigan, both are rejuvinated to full fatuige points after a mere 20 minutes. During wich, *Meric rolls Vrs Per 10=4!sucess! and Darrion Per13=9!Sucess They notice a humanoid leading a small flock of sheep to the blocked off front cave entrance. It stops in front of the door and bangs a stick against the boulder yelling something repeatedly, after a moment, the boulder rolls partially aside, and the humanoid enters in, the boulder closing behind him.*

Furthermore, Meric distinctly hears that the words yelled out were something like " Elif air ab tizak" or something along those lines. And that the figure was totally a hyena-man

Last edited by Hastur; 11-12-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
LemmingLord

Meric spends a few moments considering the open market price of sheep this year... Hmmmm.. Sheered or not sheered?

"Say....What if our friend Wolf were to fetch himself a sheep; or better yet, if he were to "herd" the sheep through fear towards our general vicinity?? Might be just the distraction to cause the hobglins come chasing into a trap... They would have no idea we would be waiting for them... Can you see if that hobgoblin has a ranged weapon?"

Meric peers over again, covering his eyes from the sunlight, hoping to see more details about what the lone hobglin might represent as a threat to him or his companions (including the wolf!).

Last edited by LemmingLord; 01-21-2008 at 02:50 PM.