Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-03-2016, 05:58 AM   #461
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Wow. I don't even know how you survive in the digital age. :-/ I couldn't do anything without my various cards (and I hate carrying cash anyways).
Probably the same way I do: Don't buy that much online (in Nathan's case it's probably "Don't buy anything online"). It's not like there are no brick and mortars anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply Nathan View Post
What would be the easiest way to convert money from "fat stack of 20s in my wallet" to "digital moneyz to dump into Kickstarter"?
For the first thing I backed on Kickstarter I had to get a friend to back it for me, I just gave him the cash and he used his credit card to back it. I've since gotten a credit card specifically for backing things on Kickstarter (since Kickstarter refuses to Paypal, which is how I pay all other online things).
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:53 AM   #462
kabson

Excellent! I'm late to this thread (slow reader), but I'll just repeat this is exactly what I've been looking for out of a mature 4th edition. DF in GURPS-TL4±1. Love it, but I'm sadly one of the backers hit by shipping costs, so I'm lurking at $1 for the time being. I'll be increasing that later in the month for lurvely pdfs.

Quick suggestion: It might be worth adding a lurker / tip-jar level at $1; the no reward option isn't very visible, and some casual would-be backers might think $50 is the minimum pledge.

Less serious suggestion: And I know the request for a diceless version has been (entirely understandably) poo-pooed, but if it helped with the shipping, I'd be perfectly happy with a flat packed, boxless, diceless version, even at the same price. But maybe there are other bulky extras waiting for us? (Combat Cards would be nice, I think SJ Games head since practice printing cards these days) ;)
Old 09-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #463
aesir23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabson View Post
Quick suggestion: It might be worth adding a lurker / tip-jar level at $1; the no reward option isn't very visible, and some casual would-be backers might think $50 is the minimum pledge.
I know I'd appreciate it. I can't afford $50, and Dungeon Fantasy isn't my favorite genre to play GURPS in. I might donate something anyway, to support the brand, but if I could get something neat (a pdf package, a GM's screen, some custom d6) in the $15-25 range, I'd probably jump on it.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:56 AM   #464
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
I know I'd appreciate it. I can't afford $50, and Dungeon Fantasy isn't my favorite genre to play GURPS in. I might donate something anyway, to support the brand, but if I could get something neat (a pdf package, a GM's screen, some custom d6) in the $15-25 range, I'd probably jump on it.
You can do that already:

* Select "No Reward" and pledge $1.
* Add $20 for the GM Screen, for a total of $21 pledge.

Done.

This project is about the Dungeon Fantasy roleplaying game and judging interest and demand for printed GURPS games and supplements. We know all about the level of demand for PDFs; we need hard data on interest in printed material.

Between this Kickstarter and pre-orders for Discworld and GURPS Mars Attacks we'll know a lot more about the demand for print than we did one month ago.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:58 AM   #465
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Between this Kickstarter and pre-orders for Discworld and GURPS Mars Attacks we'll know a lot more about the demand for print than we did one month ago.
When will pre-orders for those hardbacks open on W23?
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #466
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post

It occurs to me that the 5% weight groin from Low Tech combined with the 'hits groin on 11' from basic set means loin cloths are like, absolutely awesome and must be bought
That particular abuse was anticipated, don't worry. There's no separate neck, torso, vitals, or groin armor . . . too fussy. It's all just "body." Those hit locations do still exist, but now 9-11 is all "torso," and "groin" is a high-value sub-target, like "vitals." I'm not that easy to fool. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanjo7Sagi View Post

It's your personal dragon in your campaigns or he exist in the DF book (or in other book that I don't remember)?
It's made up for this game. I wrote quite a bit of new content, but it's so integrated into the game that I don't think I could list it all. However, I definitely remember writing up the dragon de novo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post

Okay, on closer inspection the rules look just flatly self-contradictory re: what Wither Limb does.
By virtue of having fewer disadvantages and spells, this game can be clearer. Wither Limb now causes "permanent crippling" and refers to the rules for that, those rules spell out that a crippled leg inflicts Lame (Missing Leg), and Lame (Missing Leg) is very clear on "you've lost a leg." Don't rely on the Basic Set's terminology in your judgments of this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post

This is getting off topic, but I want to point out that giving monsters hundreds of HP is seldom actually any fun in play.
Agreed. I kept HP in the 1-50 range for monsters. The notes on a couple let you super-size them to HP 100 or even 150, but that's mostly for static, gooey things that serve more as obstacles to hack apart than as foes.

That said, don't forget that a HT 15, HP 50 creature is likely to suck up 300 points of injury (from +HP to -5×HP), or 550 with Unkillable (from +HP to -10×HP), and that DR, Injury Tolerance, and Regeneration can make it hard to get a monster there. In GURPS or the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game, ST/HP isn't by itself the best measure of toughness . . . I'd rather face ST/HP 50, HT 10, and no special powers than ST/HP 10, HT 16, Unkillable, and a 5d withering Malediction that ignores my armor.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:08 AM   #467
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
When will pre-orders for those hardbacks open on W23?
You can pre-order both at your favorite local game store today. Early pre-orders at your local store have a strong -- and positive! -- impact on the launch of a new game or supplement.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #468
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

I just want to be perfectly clear before I make my first ever Kickstarter pledge. When you have previously said that I should pledge $1 for no reward and then add whatever else I wanted for the add-ons, it sounded like there were two fields to fill out. At Kickstarter I only find one field.

Am I supposed to total the $1 and the amount of money I want to spend on add-ons and put the sum in the one field? Or am I missing something?
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:29 AM   #469
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
Am I supposed to total the $1 and the amount of money I want to spend on add-ons and put the sum in the one field? Or am I missing something?
When you pick a reward tier level there will be one value field which you can fill out; by default it will be set to whatever dollar amount the tier you selected is valued at. You will need to manually set that dollar amount from the $1 pledge value to whatever your total add-ons are, plus the $1. So if you want $35 in add-ons you would change the $1 to $36.

This goes for higher level tiers as well. If you want to pledge $70 for the Box Set plus GM Screen then want to increase that by $35 to add-on the PDFs you would need to manually change the $70 to $105.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #470
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Thanks. I'm looking forward to this.

Are we there yet? ;)
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy