Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 07-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Jeffr0

Default Surrogates

While The Island was the last real CAR WARS type movie (due to cloning, jet bikes, and excessive vehicular action), Surrogates is the latest thing as far as I'm concerned.

This is essentially an Isaac Asimov style Robot Detective story, but with the sentiments of Bradbury's Farenheit 451 to give it depth. Yeah, it's a new twist on TRON and The Matrix... with bits of Alien, Terminator, and Demolition Man thrown in... but it works.

Things to watch for:

1) The dregs!

2) The combat football poster!

3) The "15 years ago" and "8 years ago" set up is reminiscent of the introduction to the original CAR WARS pocket box!

Last edited by Jeffr0; 07-03-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Jeffr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
bosky
Banned

Default Re: Surrogates

I thought it was a very close tie to the general idea of the novel Kiln People, except in that book they use "dittos" instead of robots for their duplication.

Regardless it's definitely fun to see parallels between sci-fi movies and the Car Wars universe. I found even films that seem totally unrelated, like Minority Report, still have worthwhile ideas.
bosky is offline   Reply With Quote