Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #41
arnej

Default Re: Terrifying GM Statements

GM: Your Danger Sense is going off.
Player: But I don't have... Oh.
arnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:27 AM   #42
Tallor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising View Post
By pure luck my character survived but he was deeply traumatised by the experience for the rest of the campaign.
That's heavy.
Tallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:26 AM   #43
doulos05

After what happened last session, I wrote a little script to calculate falling damage automatically. Did you guys roll up new characters yet?
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:47 PM   #44
cdru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
"Okay, roll verses HT-10... what do you mean your HT is only a 12?"
Brain damage is really bad. Good fighters can spare 15 points on Very High Pain Threshold (+8 instead of +3) to stand conscious even after their brain almost exploded. The others? They can't

Last edited by cdru; 08-07-2016 at 02:55 PM.
cdru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:15 PM   #45
RyanW

Looks at dice.

"Wow. ... Just wow."
Old 08-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #46
Tallor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
Looks at dice.

"Wow. ... Just wow."
Well that quote may be because they brought d20s to a GURPS game.
Tallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:11 PM   #47
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celti View Post
You'd be surprised! Many if not most medical professionals are switching (and a lot have already switched) to nitrile rubber gloves, thanks to its much lower allergenicity and much higher durability than latex.
Sure, now. But even if only 1-5% of medical touchers are covered in toxic materials, it's a big deal. I'd say it's a bigger deal than allergies to any drugs other than maybe aspirin. And that's if it's only the contact latex problem. My GF has difficulty breathing if a balloon was rubbed in the same room as her.

Saying, "Your failed Ht roll means you're now dangerously allergic to latex." would scare the poo out of me.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #48
Celti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Sure, now. But even if only 1-5% of medical touchers are covered in toxic materials, it's a big deal. I'd say it's a bigger deal than allergies to any drugs other than maybe aspirin. And that's if it's only the contact latex problem. My GF has difficulty breathing if a balloon was rubbed in the same room as her.

Saying, "Your failed Ht roll means you're now dangerously allergic to latex." would scare the poo out of me.
With something like six family members with various degrees of latex allergy, I can think of worse. Consider a severe penicillin allergy (another family trait) — now you can't take any of the standard responses to an overwhelming number of infectious diseases, and some third-world disaster areas might only have a choice between amoxicillin and keflex (both contraindicated).

The thing is this: any allergy is bad if the people treating you don't know you have it. But it's a lot easier to improvise a replacement for latex gloves than it is for an antibiotic or an anaesthetic.
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:12 AM   #49
Drop Bear

they don't use Latex in Medical Gloves in most parts of the developed world any more, too tear prone, too chemical permeable and reactive and too Virus permeable. They don't us them in Cleaning or Hostility disposable gloves, heck they are almost diapering from all but the cheapest brands of Household Disposable gloves as well.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #50
The Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Bear View Post
they don't use Latex in Medical Gloves in most parts of the developed world any more, too tear prone, too chemical permeable and reactive and too Virus permeable. They don't us them in Cleaning or Hostility disposable gloves, heck they are almost diapering from all but the cheapest brands of Household Disposable gloves as well.
Likewise in science - certainly in the UK - most places have banned latex gloves outright and use light nitrile or vinyl instead. The HSE in the UK hates them and any pretty much any safety professional will tell you to lose them from your consumables list.

Also, kudos to your auto-correct for inventing the hostility business (often all too accurate a description of hospitality) - previous greats include demonised (de-ionised) water and dead seahorse (DEAE sepharose) chromatography.
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game master, horror, terrifying