Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #21
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"I'll let him know you're here." She doesn't dial a phone or anything, just types a few things into a computer. A moment later, she looks up at you. "Ms. Harris, he'll see you now." ...

"My name is Ryuki," he says simply. "I've been having some troubles with my laptop."
He pops open the newer of the two laptops on his desk and boots it up. It's not pleased about this at all; even the bootup graphic is somehow mangled. He grins sheepishly. "I seem to have picked up some gremlins in there. I'm so glad it waited until after my paper was done to get all crazy on me." He slides the laptop over to Ida expectantly.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #22
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Longmont, CO
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
It starts as a merely polite smile, then morphs ever so slightly to let you know that her words are joking. "Yes, the simple Virtues. One should not give them sharp objects."
He chuckles. "Right now, I'd just as soon give 'em a cold beer. Mind joinin' me a sec? I gotta be goin' again right quickly, but I've always got a few minutes for a friendly face."

He hums an idle tune, trying to make it soft enough to only be heard by her. In the "pidgin Angelic," it adds: Especially friends fellow comrades from home Heaven.
__________________
“It's not railroading if you offer the PCs tickets and they stampede to the box office, waving their money. Metaphorically speaking”
--Elizabeth McCoy, In Nomine Line Editor

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #23
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
He chuckles. "Right now, I'd just as soon give 'em a cold beer. Mind joinin' me a sec? I gotta be goin' again right quickly, but I've always got a few minutes for a friendly face."

He hums an idle tune, trying to make it soft enough to only be heard by her. In the "pidgin Angelic," it adds: Especially friends fellow comrades from home Heaven.
"I wouldn't try anything longer than a personal name," she says, as if Kane had just tripped over some foreign grammar. "It tends to get all mangly. Mine, for instance. Velga Velvet Glove. And I don't mind company. What brings you to San Francisco?" The transition from English to Celestial and back is almost seamless. She's done that before.

Now that you're close to her, you catch a faint scent of burnt wood and fresh melted snow.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #24
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Longmont, CO
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"I wouldn't try anything longer than a personal name," she says, as if Kane had just tripped over some foreign grammar. "It tends to get all mangly. Mine, for instance. Velga Velvet Glove. And I don't mind company. What brings you to San Francisco?" The transition from English to Celestial and back is almost seamless. She's done that before.

Now that you're close to her, you catch a faint scent of burnt wood and fresh melted snow.
"Job for a boss," he says. His own baggage, as he retrieves it, is light -- a worn, dusty duffel bag and a guitar case. "Mr. Stoneman's good folk; gave me a temp job when I needed it. Do a lot for him between gigs."

He blushes a moment. "Sorry, ma'am. Forgot my manners." He sticks out a callused hand, shifting the duffel to his shoulder. "I'm Kane." A quick hum adds Eumolpius Sings-Well.
__________________
“It's not railroading if you offer the PCs tickets and they stampede to the box office, waving their money. Metaphorically speaking”
--Elizabeth McCoy, In Nomine Line Editor

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 AM   #25
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Job for a boss," he says. His own baggage, as he retrieves it, is light -- a worn, dusty duffel bag and a guitar case. "Mr. Stoneman's good folk; gave me a temp job when I needed it. Do a lot for him between gigs."

He blushes a moment. "Sorry, ma'am. Forgot my manners." He sticks out a callused hand, shifting the duffel to his shoulder. "I'm Kane." A quick hum adds Eumolpius Sings-Well.
She follows him off the plane, careful not to get too much dust on her impeccable clothes. "Stoneman is good, I'm told. But I do alright. When you can call your boss 'Mike' and still respect him, you've got it good. It's just odd that David, er, Mr. Stoneman is bringing someone into San Francisco for a job. Granted, he won't find the likes of you in the city. What job requires your particular talents?"

Her tone never wavers, quiet, measured, a polite friendliness that seems to lack depth. It's as though she's asking about the music charts.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #26
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Longmont, CO
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
She follows him off the plane, careful not to get too much dust on her impeccable clothes. "Stoneman is good, I'm told. But I do alright. When you can call your boss 'Mike' and still respect him, you've got it good. It's just odd that David, er, Mr. Stoneman is bringing someone into San Francisco for a job. Granted, he won't find the likes of you in the city. What job requires your particular talents?"

Her tone never wavers, quiet, measured, a polite friendliness that seems to lack depth. It's as though she's asking about the music charts.
"New contractor," he says, his own tone relaxed. "Need to feel him out a bit, see what he can do for us, maybe give him a trial run."

His legs eat up the ground without effort, always matching Velga's.

"How 'bout you, ma'am? Mike's kind of rough-and-ready, I hear. Wouldn't think he'd have much goin' on 'round these parts."
__________________
“It's not railroading if you offer the PCs tickets and they stampede to the box office, waving their money. Metaphorically speaking”
--Elizabeth McCoy, In Nomine Line Editor

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #27
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"New contractor," he says, his own tone relaxed. "Need to feel him out a bit, see what he can do for us, maybe give him a trial run."

His legs eat up the ground without effort, always matching Velga's.

"How 'bout you, ma'am? Mike's kind of rough-and-ready, I hear. Wouldn't think he'd have much goin' on 'round these parts."
"Hmmm," she answers noncommittally. "It's just base camp for me, really. Checking in on the new folks, the older ones who need a little rest, the ones who need a refresher in dealing with the big city. And of course, the ones who don't have a pass to the top floor office yet. While I'm here I'll also take in a show, a round of golf--it's not all work and no play.

"But a new contractor? Who's his boss? Or is it hers?"
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #28
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Longmont, CO
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Hmmm," she answers noncommittally. "It's just base camp for me, really. Checking in on the new folks, the older ones who need a little rest, the ones who need a refresher in dealing with the big city. And of course, the ones who don't have a pass to the top floor office yet. While I'm here I'll also take in a show, a round of golf--it's not all work and no play.

"But a new contractor? Who's his boss? Or is it hers?"
A nice thing about being a Virtue -- you get a pretty quick feel for whom you can trust. As Kane keeps an eye out for somewhere they can both grab a drink, he decides to put another card on the table.

"If you know San Fran that well, you might even know the guy -- better'n me, anyway," he says. "Japanese-soundin' name, s'posed to be a decent toolmaker. Rye ... or is it Ree ..." He gives a self-deprecating smile.

"You know, I got a few thousand songs in here," he taps his head. "You think I'd do better on Asian names." A chuckle. "Just glad Mr. Wattanapanit was the patient type back in Banning." The Thai surname comes out carefully, almost syllable-by-syllable, as though Kane was still worried about slipping and giving offense.
__________________
“It's not railroading if you offer the PCs tickets and they stampede to the box office, waving their money. Metaphorically speaking”
--Elizabeth McCoy, In Nomine Line Editor

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #29
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Longmont, CO
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I've got this giant smile on my face right now.

All the transcripts saved to OpenOffice, no problems there. The folks at the meetup are all running late, so they'll barely notice that I am. And I had a great time in chat! Haven't done that in too long, let me tell you.

Plot was slow starting but that's my doing muchly--I enjoy the details and the characters and the interpersonal stuff so much, I tend to pack the plot bits into the very end.

I'll post the transcripts...oh give me a week or more to tidy out the time stamps and such. But don't let that stop you from posting in the PbP where we left off.
Before doing anything else, Kane decides he should probably check in as ordered -- he's heard Ryuki's response and needs to bring it to the ears of his boss.

The next day, he takes a trip out to Mount Diablo on the East Bay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Diablo) ... from what he can tell after scouring some maps and tourist pamphlets, that seems the most likely spot for him to attract David's attention. As soon as he finds a quiet spot, he sets himself down, pulls out the guitar and begins to play softly, attempting to invoke David as he does.

If that fails, he'll continue the tune and try for Eli instead ... one pamphlet mentioned that the local tribes considered this the point from which the world was created, so the Artist might be keeping an ear out.
__________________
“It's not railroading if you offer the PCs tickets and they stampede to the box office, waving their money. Metaphorically speaking”
--Elizabeth McCoy, In Nomine Line Editor

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #30
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

After the gathering in Ryuki's office...

It's dark, and this lone female is a potential target for attacks, but really...who would want to see how real that sword is?

Sunae slows her pace when she crosses the second street away from the office. She let go of the image of the flame that she had been focusing on all night with laser precision and she stops. She can feel her hands shaking, she hoped it wasn't noticeable earlier. She allows herself a brief look back at the tall building she just left and it lingers longer than she planned. A small smile finds its way to the surface and she continues walking to the motel room she is currently staying at. Once there, she undresses and carefully folds her clothing and returns them to the box that holds them, and the katana to its proper sheath. Then she lights her candles and begins her meditations.

By the time she is done with meditations, her prayers, her katas, and her rest, she will have just enough time to prepare for another day of work at the Hunan Home Retaurant.

Her shift starts at 4pm the next day.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 05-29-2011 at 01:45 AM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
in nomine

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.