Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 12:36 PM   #221
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

rpol has a number of games.

This forum was much more lively four years ago, when I first showed up. Lost in Dreams is always recruiting, but its been long enough since someone joined that its off the default display settings. It has... quite a number of genres included in it.

I'd be willing to run a game. I struggle with "gritty" but I've been wanting to try an "After the End" game sometime. Actually, a game focused on "The End" would be fun. So if anyone is interested, let me know. Does anyone have feelings on repeated character loss?
Old 01-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #222
Agemegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurae View Post
I expected the SJ forums to be more lively when it comes to pbp GURPS games. Does anyone know of any other sites with a GURPS following?
Maybe rpgcrossing.com.

They are mostly D&D or Pathfinder by the looks, but have some mention of GURPS.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:42 PM   #223
hal

You can also go to Fantasy Grounds and look for GURPS games there. I started my first Old West Campaign from there. :)
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:46 PM   #224
Friendpmcii

Mythweavers .com is where I normally find mine. They come and go. I know my current game is excepting players thought it has been some time since advertising. The DM is good at realism as well.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40387

To answer the above, a level of challenge to be able to die does not worry me. The main issue is that creating charicters takes a lot of time... Would be easier to pick up a character and figure out how to play him.

EDIT: lost in dreams is an interesting game, well recommended.

Last edited by Friendpmcii; 01-27-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #225
Fnord Prefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
rpol has a number of games.
Yeah, but no one was interested in Mars Attacks there either (I'm online there as Venom the Duck if anyone's interested). Seems like a preponderance of rpol games are concerned with men of varying ages pretending to be hot lesbian women in different genres. :)

Quote:
I'd be willing to run a game. I struggle with "gritty" but I've been wanting to try an "After the End" game sometime. Actually, a game focused on "The End" would be fun. So if anyone is interested, let me know. Does anyone have feelings on repeated character loss?
I'm with Friendpmcii on character loss. I don't mind when it's Paranoia, FATE, or something similar, but GURPS char gen is a pretty time-consuming process. Once I'm done I feel like I want to hold on to the character for a long as possible.
Fnord Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:31 PM   #226
Friendpmcii

I wouldn't mind the loss, if someone else made the charicter. Playing a bunch of people with complete memory loss would be a hard sell as charicter backgrounds after a few deaths. (Though I guess you could make it part of the plot where no one knows who they are.) That would be a very odd game to begin with... Obviously part mistory trying to guess what happened well serviving.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #227
Michael Thayne

Looking for players for a one-off scenario in the Astroduel setting from the recent Pyramid article.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote