Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-04-2011, 03:39 AM   #51
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
"I prefer to return things personally to the client when at all possible," She smiles, "So have yourself a nice weekend and I'll be back again on Monday."
Nicole has no problem with this arrangement--if that's what the boss wants, that's what he must have. "I'll let him know you were here."

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
"I'm not sure what he would want in return, but he would be up front about anything he would ask of you and give you a chance to decline if it was not something you were willing. He's a gentleman that I've worked with in the past and found to be impeccable in his dealings. He's honest and successful. Ryuki has also met him at least in passing if you would be more comfortable asking his opinion on Mitch. I won't be insulted if you don't want to talk to him. As I said I'm asking you before speaking with him because I like to help people not back them into corners."
Ryukawa sits quietly a moment, sizing her up, putting her into the weblike equation in his head. "Perhaps." He lets that sit a moment, to let the gravity of the situation weigh on this young, well-intentioned woman's mind. "Go through my son on this. He knows the situation here well enough, and he knows your friend and what he can and cannot trust him with." And, he thought, he doesn't know some things which he therefore can't pass on unwisely.

Zahirah's resonance will tell her that Ryukawa is putting up a set of virtual firewalls between himself and this stranger Mitch. He's lost nearly all faith in advisers, and is circling the wagons back to the core families of the company. Restoring that faith would require an adviser to respect the limits put in front of him but to succeed brightly with the limited information he has.

He may have Ryuki's daring personality, but age and experience has taught him to be careful about some things.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #52
alexondria

Zahira would nod, "Thank you. I'll talk to him and see what he can do to help." She would stand and give him a polite bow, obvious she doesn't know much about his culture but she's seen the bowing and she's at least trying to figure out the culture and do what they consider polite. "I'll go and let you get back to work."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #53
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Hey dear." Corat looks up from his menu to see Sunae standing at his table. "The food here's so good, I don't feel the need to eat anywhere else." He gets up to offer a hug, despite the setting. "Is there a good time to catch up on things?"
She laughs and returns the hug

"You scared me! I was wondering who this person was and how much of a threat he would be."

In a low voice

"Come around back, I can take an early lunch. It's not that busy so the others can handle it."

She returns to the kitchen and keeps and eye out on the back door. When she sees him, she comes out with two bowls and chopsticks. She hands one to him and they sit down nearby. She bows her head in a quick prayer before she begins to eat and looks up

"So what's up?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #54
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
She laughs and returns the hug

"You scared me! I was wondering who this person was and how much of a threat he would be."

In a low voice

"Come around back, I can take an early lunch. It's not that busy so the others can handle it."

She returns to the kitchen and keeps and eye out on the back door. When she sees him, she comes out with two bowls and chopsticks. She hands one to him and they sit down nearby. She bows her head in a quick prayer before she begins to eat and looks up

"So what's up?"
He eats...fast. That hasn't changed. "You often get scary people showing up at your work?" He takes a few more bites. "I wanted to congratulate you on how you handled yourself last night. Calm, restrained. I think Ryukawa was impressed...I say 'I think' because he's got this way of talking around a subject that I can never quite be sure what he thinks.

"But that's not why I stopped by. There was an incident in L.A. yesterday. I think it's why Mitchim missed our party last night. Anyway, I wanted to bounce the information we have off someone who can maybe make sense of it. Someone who knows a batch of misfits who might be sent in to get more information, if we need it. You game? You want to hear what we have now, or should we kibbitz with the whole group?"
Old 06-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #55
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He eats...fast. That hasn't changed. "You often get scary people showing up at your work?"
"I don't have a lot of people visiting me, so I got worried. But, considering my...extracurricular activities, it's always wise to be cautious. My grandfather used to joke, you reach a certain point where caution is enough, but until then paranoia isn't a flaw, it's a survival trait. I haven't reached that point yet."

Sunae smiles as she says that

Quote:
He takes a few more bites. "I wanted to congratulate you on how you handled yourself last night. Calm, restrained. I think Ryukawa was impressed...I say 'I think' because he's got this way of talking around a subject that I can never quite be sure what he thinks.
"Yes and no. The traditional garb and the formal etiquette would have pleased him, but I was dressed in men's garb. That, most likely, lost points."

Quote:
"But that's not why I stopped by. There was an incident in L.A. yesterday. I think it's why Mitchim missed our party last night. Anyway, I wanted to bounce the information we have off someone who can maybe make sense of it. Someone who knows a batch of misfits who might be sent in to get more information, if we need it. You game? You want to hear what we have now, or should we kibbitz with the whole group?"
"Of course. Tell me what you can now so I can think on it until we meet up tonight, if you please."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 06-05-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:47 AM   #56
tHEhERETIC

Quote:

Quote:
"I wanted to congratulate you on how you handled yourself last night. Calm, restrained. I think Ryukawa was impressed...I say 'I think' because he's got this way of talking around a subject that I can never quite be sure what he thinks.
"Yes and no. The traditional garb and the formal etiquette would have pleased him, but I was dressed in men's garb. That, most likely, lost points."
"Or he just figured you were trying too hard, and is amused. He plays the gargoyle very well, but he's actually very warm underneath that stone. He's not as rigid as you'd think; his background is different from yours.
"Remember when your grandfather said about 'Not bad for the descendent of laborers and sailors', something like that? Your grandfather was trying to be kind, assuming he knew the truth. The Wataris, they tell me, are and were translators, importers, accountants, occasionally dockyard thugs. Apparently that's the second-lowest caste above gravediggers. Money is new to them, and the kind of noble protocol you seem to know is also newish to them. They could function in Japan, but they thrive here in America where the rules aren't so rigid.
"So my guess is Ryukawa thinks you're a cute Chinese girl trying to be Japanese, and Ryuki thinks you're nobility looking down your nose at him, which irks him because he's very proud."

Quote:
"Of course. Tell me what you can now so I can think on it until we meet up tonight, if you please."
"Sorry. Verbal bulimia again, huh? I hope I haven't eaten up too much of your lunch time.
"What I know--I got a brief message from a contact I have inside L.A. Long story there. But she told me she had a bunch of demons hanging out outside where she works, that the cops couldn't get rid of them. Not weird of itself except that she knows a lot of folks in L.A. and knows at least one of those demons is a renegade, doesn't answer to any Prince, and has no beef with her. I'm trying to get more details but there's a good chance they're watching communications, maybe the whole point, so it's slow getting out."
Old 06-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #57
alexondria

After leaving Ryukawa's office she would take out her phone and call Mitch on it. Waiting politely for an answer as she sits at the bus stop.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #58
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"So my guess is Ryukawa thinks you're a cute Chinese girl trying to be Japanese, and Ryuki thinks you're nobility looking down your nose at him, which irks him because he's very proud."
"My issues with Ryuki have nothing to do with that. His father or grandfather did his job, he raised the family's standing and gave them the means to provide for themselves. That's nothing to look down upon. My issues are more about the decisions he has made."

Quote:
"Sorry. Verbal bulimia again, huh? I hope I haven't eaten up too much of your lunch time.
"Are you kidding? I eat during the day and besides...I don't get a lot of visitors. It's nice to have someone to talk to. Thank you"

Quote:
"What I know--I got a brief message from a contact I have inside L.A. Long story there. But she told me she had a bunch of demons hanging out outside where she works, that the cops couldn't get rid of them. Not weird of itself except that she knows a lot of folks in L.A. and knows at least one of those demons is a renegade, doesn't answer to any Prince, and has no beef with her. I'm trying to get more details but there's a good chance they're watching communications, maybe the whole point, so it's slow getting out."
"Has Mitch experienced any problems? How may I be of assistance?"
Old 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #59
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"My issues with Ryuki have nothing to do with that. His father or grandfather did his job, he raised the family's standing and gave them the means to provide for themselves. That's nothing to look down upon. My issues are more about the decisions he has made."
"I doubt he sees that. Much easier to think it's the other thing. But--I know the guy pretty well--recent decisions, or old ones? Maybe I could make sense of some of it for you."

Quote:
"Has Mitch experienced any problems? How may I be of assistance?"
"I don't know--I haven't heard from Mitch. What to do I think depends on what other information we get out of there. Then, if we need to send anybody in to find things out, we have some people who they're not familiar with...that you can help direct."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-06-2011 at 04:29 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #60
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"I doubt he sees that. Much easier to think it's the other thing. But--I know the guy pretty well--recent decisions, or old ones? Maybe I could make sense of some of it for you."
"Thanks, but I really feel it's something he should address himself. I know a big part of it is that he's not thinking about consequences, and that's really on him. And I know he doesn't see that, but he really should ask. It's the mature thing to do."

Quote:
"I don't know--I haven't heard from Mitch. What to do I think depends on what other information we get out of there. Then, if we need to send anybody in to find things out, we have some people who they're not familiar with...that you can help direct."
"I think we should check on him, make sure he's okay."

Tags
in nomine