Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #41
Johnny1A.2

Default Re: Modern LXG

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
On one hand, the Eddorians weren't quite as superhuman as in Smith's portrayal of them. On the other, Holmes was just that good: able to deduce the circumstances under which Gharlane's superiority could be nullified or bypassed.

Of course, if you like to suppose that the Arisians were subtly hindering the big G, or slipping hints to Mr. Holmes, or even that he was a form of flesh energized by an Arisian, I don't object. They helped out Kinnison in his final duel with "Prime Minister Fossten," after all. And I imagine that if Holmes had been given a Lens, he would have deduced that it had more advanced functions and asked Mentor about further training before his first visit to Arisia was over: that is, he was L2 grade, by fortunate chance.
Actually, I could very easily imagine that Holmes might be a blood-line ancestor of Kimball or Clarissa or both (or Mycroft might, or both of them). It's true that the primary Kinnison line was always named that, but there were lots of other family lines bred into it along the way.

For that matter, so might Moriarty...we're only shown a handful of the relatively nicer Kinnison and Samms ancestors, it's a good bet that some of their breeding stock was a good deal less pleasant, over hundreds of thousands of years.
Johnny1A.2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gming, lxg, planning