Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #21
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Letter and Spirit of the Loner trait; also: introverted vs. extroverted PCs

When I hit my sadly very tiny limit on human interaction, my vision gets blurry and I need to leave immediately. No one has ever gotten in my way. But if anyone did, cranky would be a gross understatement of my actions.
Weirdly, I don't look terrified when fleeing, so who knows how I would be described.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Letter and Spirit of the Loner trait; also: introverted vs. extroverted PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I don't have a problem with performance, which is probably why forum posts don't really bother me; in my head it's more like a mini-article or mini-lecture or series of open letters rather than a conversation, strictly. The fact that it's potentially in front of hundreds of strangers doesn't make me blink.
Out of curiosity:
When you reply here, do you reply to posts or to users? I don't think I qualify for Loner above quirk level (I'm just picky about my company), but I did notice once that I mostly reply to posts, and rarely to posts+users. There is perhaps a half-dozen users where my reply is adjusted because the quote to which I reply was written by a specific user, and even then not always.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
When you reply here, do you reply to posts or to users?
Posts, definitely. It's in public, I am facing the entire audience. It's like taking questions during or after a lecture - "a crowd" isn't "people", and "tiny voice from somewhere in a crowd" doesn't trigger my "person" buttons either.

So, public performance of music, theater, public speaking - never bothered me. Talking to client representation teams over speakerphone doesn't bother me either - which is interesting because that's two to four people... but they're really not people when I talk to them; they're the corner of the organization I happen to interact with. They're people in their spare time, just like I am at work (why yes, I am a little stuffy and formal in the office, it helps me cope).
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
Flyndaran
Untagged

I got banned, because of that. I didn't notice that most of my critical posts were in threads started by one particular mod. She banned me for stalking her.

Tags
gming, loner