Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Jasonft

Default Need suggestions for a TL8-10? Gizmo list

My current character is a sort of espionage/ criminal type in a semi-supers world (supers are kinda rare), and he has both some degree of Wealth and access to a Cinematic Gadgeteer for things over the base TL of 8. If it is a *really* good item I might be able to get up to TL11, but effectively the TL cap will be 10.

Can anyone suggest some really good small objects to pull out of his pocket at need and tell me where I could find them in the books?

Various sidearms and portable bits of explosive are a given. Those are easy enough to find, I only vacillate in specific choices due to not being sure which ones are best for the size. It's my first use of the higher tech books in several years, so I hope you all will forgive me for forgetting all the minutiae of High Tech and Ultra Tech.

Thank you all in advance for the help.
Jasonft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Need suggestions for a TL8-10? Gizmo list

Anything gooey with the word 'nano' or 'bio' in it. :)
(And I really don't necessarily mean grey goo.)
Old 05-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Lamech

Proteus Nanovirus. (This is in bio-tech)
Complete plans for a spaceship stored on a small flash drive. (The spaceship will be made with spaceships.)
All sorts of wonderful medicine.
Permanent nano-symbionts.
4lb computers, a TL 10 computer is a fairly powerful piece of equipment.
Armor, you can probably actually get armor reasonably well folded up, and over a few gizmo's get a full set.

And don't slam too hard on the "nano" stuff. They are a bit game breaking if you push it.
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 05-13-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Langy

Gecko gloves, allowing you to climb straight up flat walls.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Peter Knutsen
Banned

As the other guy said, a handheld computer, as large/expensive/powerful as the Gizmo rules allow. I'm not thinking a 4 lbs semi-portable, though, but more something like a hyperpowerful smartphone. A spacer's model might have all sort of measurement devices built in, such as pressure, atmospheric composition (oxygen, CO, CO2, nitrogen, as well as anticipated dangerous gases), maybe even local gravity (maybe it totals time spent in microgravity, for health reasons). Obvoiusly accumulated radiation, and a loud warning if there's a radiation level spike.

I'm not so fond of nanostuff, but I imagine a lot of interesting not-quite-nano things can be put into spraycans at TL10, maybe even TL9. Think the construction foam from GURPs Ultra-Tech, except there'd be a huge variety of spraycans to choose from, each spraying something that does a particular thing. A glue-like sealant. Explosive (maybe not very powerful but you can spray it directly into cracks, locks and so forth), something that cools down or heats up drastically when sprayed out (might or might not require atmospheric oxygen, or maybe just any atmosphere at all). Spray-on-clothes, hair colour change (faster and better than hair dye, although this particular function sounds nano'ish to me). Clothing disolver, if you're a pervert.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote