Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 09:54 PM   #41
Refplace

Default Re: The 2020 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Just got PDF copy of DF Companion 2 from W23 by email.not sure if thats errata or a comp copy just to keep my backer kit purchase in line with my W23 account. I mention this because it may be available for buyers real soon now.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #42
Refplace

Girl Genius is done editing!Status still listed as Editing not in Production because I believe it has to be approved by Phil Foglio before it can get there and there may be more edits.
Kromm has however started a new supplement.
Also two first drafts arrived. Unknown projects by Matt Riggsby and Roger Burton West.
https://dr-kromm.livejournal.com/238859.html
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-28-2020, 01:51 PM   #43
Refplace

And the latest Nordland releases are available to everyone at Gaming Ballistic!
I already had my copies from the kickstarter and they are lovely and attractive and really solid setting material!
https://gamingballistic.com/2020/03/...ilable-in-pdf/

Normally this might have waited till the print copies were out but this gives you some great reading material during this time when many are self isolating. Also gets a bit of money into the authors hands so they can start on the next project. I think the Nordland Bestiary is up next for DFRPG/GURPS and a few TFT adventures.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-31-2020, 07:42 PM   #44
Refplace

Bunch of stuff from the GURPS News, updated front page best I could.Some things just had to go in the rumor vault but we got several tips on subjects or at least the lines certain things are.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 04-07-2020, 08:43 PM   #45
Paulon

Somewhat surprising, but very welcome.
The GURPS classics Space Atlas 4 and Horseclans appear to have come out today. I'm surprised by the latter, given it was a licensed setting, but it gives me hope that we might yet see other old licensed books digitally released in the future.

Next day edit:
Today we got Classic Time Travel too. Nice to see.

Last edited by Paulon; 04-08-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:34 AM   #46
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulon View Post
Somewhat surprising, but very welcome.
The GURPS classics Space Atlas 4 and Horseclans appear to have come out today. I'm surprised by the latter, given it was a licensed setting, but it gives me hope that we might yet see other old licensed books digitally released in the future.

Next day edit:
Today we got Classic Time Travel too. Nice to see.
Wow, digital too! Very surprising, I might pick it up. Lost the original softcover years ago.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 04-10-2020, 09:43 AM   #47
Rasputin

And we also get the classic GURPS Deadlands, something we didn't expect at all.

Editing to add GURPS Deadlands Dime Novel 1: Aces and Eights, which is a surprise unless you saw the previous one first, in which case you expected it, just not today.

My GURPS blog.

Last edited by Rasputin; 04-10-2020 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Added the Dime Novel
Old 04-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #48
Paulon

More Must Buy titles for me. This run of releases is greatly appreciated, especially since I never expected to see some of these due to licensing issues.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:58 PM   #49
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

My half of Space Atlas IV was the first book I submitted to SJ Games in 1988 (it was published a bit after Ultra-Tech, as SJ Games wanted that out first), and it marked my debut as a RPG writer. Originally written as a 64 page book, SJ Games combined it with another Space Atlas book by Steven Dedman to make a 128 pager. At the time, the original plan was that SJ Games would do one space atlas for each major interstellar government type (e.g., Corporate Worlds, Confederation, etc.) and mine was to be the Federation atlas. That was kind of boring, so I also added two rival bunches of nasties that the Federation could bounce off of. (They aren't anything to do with the Star Trek feds; they're just a federal interstellar system).

I wrote the Phoenix Sector, which has alien cyborgs and parahumans and so on, and which contains a three-way conflict between rival interstellar powers. It was based on the "Tarot" interstellar spy campaign I ran a few years before which was focused on the federation's attempt to discover what Duke Osric was up to in the Phoenix Domain, and the nature of the Malikithi/Ilshani.

Stephen Dedmen wrote the Saga sector. Some people think I wrote this part, because it has a race of catgirls in it, but I'm afraid that was not the case! Other GURPS authors were introducing catgirls before I was.

Last edited by David L Pulver; 04-10-2020 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:09 AM   #50
Ronnke

With licensed books like Horseclans and Deadlands back as PDF. I wonder if that means the GURPS Humanx line may also see a future as PDF.

*crosses fingers*