Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-03-2020, 11:59 PM   #31
MrFix

Default Re: GURPS Shooting - TL6-8 Gunfighting blog

GURPS Basic Set Vehicular Combat cheatsheet - Quick distillation of Basic Set Vehicular Combat rules.

This explicitly covers GURPS Basic Set second-by-second combat with vehicles, not Chases or Spaceships system.

Ran a few one shots with vehicles and it was rather fun, I encourage everyone to do so. While you're at it, I'd love to hear some feedback on the sheet as I personally feel it is unfinished despite seemingly covering everything needed for ground combat (some air and water stuff is missing though).
Master: Kromm vs PK

GURPS: Shooting things for fun and profit
MrFix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:05 AM   #32
Kale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFix View Post
GURPS Basic Set Vehicular Combat cheatsheet - Quick distillation of Basic Set Vehicular Combat rules.

This explicitly covers GURPS Basic Set second-by-second combat with vehicles, not Chases or Spaceships system.
I've only had a moment to glance at it, but it looks great! Thanks for doing this.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #33
MrFix

After 9 years in development, hopefully it was worth the wait. I continue to rigorously gather feedback on this work, and hopefully draft 3 or 4 will look like the final product.

GURPS Cinematic Medicine WIP Draft 2

Old 08-15-2020, 05:30 AM   #34
cdru

I think that tourniquets would benefit from having a price modifier for cheap, two-handed versions. For the HT roll when restoring consciousness, I think the modifiers for Low/High Pain Threshold could be applied in reverse - +4 for the former, -3 for the latter (Instead of a total prohibition)

Last edited by cdru; 08-15-2020 at 06:43 AM.
cdru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:26 AM   #35
MrFix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdru View Post
I think that tourniquets would benefit from having a price modifier for cheap, two-handed versions. For the HT roll when restoring consciousness, I think the modifiers for Low/High Pain Threshold could be applied in reverse - +4 for the former, -3 for the latter (Instead of a total prohibition)
Cheers, I've made the changes you suggested.

Old 08-17-2020, 09:21 AM   #36
cdru

On note of the Tactical Swarm article, I noticed what is probably an error in the second example of combined SL - the skill of Guns-13 militiamen is less than SL-2 of the operator, so shouldn't their skill not count towards the combined SL?
Old 08-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #37
MrFix

Quote:
When in a team, members of the unit supplement each other and roll against most team activities only once. Take highest SL of skill(s), add +1 per every team member who has that skill after the first and -1 per every team member that doesn't to find out Combined SL. For attacks, use primary combat skills of each team member.

If team member's SL is less than highest SL-2, he does not contribute to combined SL.
Works as intended, I just messed up the wording. If the swarm has people without the skill, and the swarm attempts a skill roll, there's penalty of -1 for every person who lacks the skill.

If a person's SL of the skill is less than highest SL-2, treat him as if he didn't have the skill. If I remember right, that's how action and other books treat combined party rolls.

In militiaman example, since Spec Op has SL 16 and Militiamen have SL 13, all militiamen effectively lack the skill and thus impose -3 to swarm's roll. I'll adjust the wording.

Last edited by MrFix; 08-17-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:49 AM   #38
MrFix

Another post on my blog, for good or ill.

GURPS Homebrew: Binary Trigger Pack - Gunsmithing option to give your gun a semblence of automatic fire while remaining LC3.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:57 AM   #39
cdru

Seems like binary triggers would work well with the Fast-Firing technique, allowing up to RoF 18 with Tactical Shooting rules. Do you wish to stat out more LC 3 ways to improve a gun's RoF?

Last edited by cdru; 09-02-2020 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:15 AM   #40
MrFix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdru View Post
Seems like binary triggers would work well with the Fast-Firing technique, allowing up to RoF 18 with Tactical Shooting rules. Do you wish to stat out more LC 3 ways to improve a gun's RoF?
Sure I'd give it a try, give me suggestions to research. I know there are bump stocks (although recently banned so LC2), the binary triggers and... that's it I suppose.

Interesting idea with fast-firing, although I suspect that at some point the weapon system would simply not be able to fire as fast as fast-firing+binary trigger pull. ROF is based on how fast the weapon cycles and how fast the bullet is delivered into the chamber. If combat AKM fires at ROF 10, there's no reason for it to fire at ROF 18 if I replace auto trigger with binary trigger and start slapping it real fast like.

Tags
blog, blogs, stealth, tactical combat, tactical shooting