Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #31
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: Questions about Worm Parahumans' Powers in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Benj View Post
As discussed in Powers, "The +300% level of Permanent can be unbalancing on Afflictions with the Advantage enhancement. If the GM permits this combination, the best way to keep things fair is to require the recipient to buy the granted advantage with unspent points if he wishes to keep it. Otherwise, the benefits vanish after the usual duration."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers page 119
A few beings grant new abilities. This is Affliction (Advantage, +10% per point of advantages; Extended Duration, Permanent, Irreversible, +300%). Thus, each level costs 40 points plus the price of the advantages – although one level is probably enough. To keep things fair, the GM might rule that the advantages take effect for only one minute times the margin of the HT roll, but let the recipient buy them “for real” if he has enough unspent points
The use of "the GM might rule" suggests it's up to the GM. I can certainly see why a GM would rule that way in most games. If GreatWyrmGold actually wants to allow this in a game....
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #32
MagnetoHydroDynamics

On the topic of Endbringers.

I like to use a houseruled wound-tracking system where each injury is tracked separately in both damage and hit-location. One healing roll per wound per day.

Endbringers would simply have an enormous amount of Ablative DR in each hit location. Once that ADR is depleted, the hit location is destroyed (i.e. their HP is very low).

They would also have a sizable portion of regular DR in each hit location (they start out being as tough as aluminium,) in game-terms layered outside their ADR

The ablative DR would have the re-balanced Absorbtion advantage as described here which would feed points into the regular DR.

The more ADR they lose the more DR they gain, the harder they are to hurt.
MagnetoHydroDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #33
Sassy Psionic Space Squid

Hi, new here. ^_^ Looked at the rules but didn't see anything about necromancy, so I guess replying here is fine?

Let me try and build Tattletale's powers, taking into account all of her feats in canon. Not familiar with GURPS, esp can't wrap my head around the notations, so corrections would be welcome.

[Rapier Wit (Words of Power +100%, Hypersensory -50%)]

This one is pretty obvious for her power, surprised it wasn't mentioned.

[Empathy+Animal Empathy+Machine Empathy+Plant Empathy (Remote +50%, Hypersensory -50%)]

[Minding Reading (Cybernetic +50%, Universal +50%, Hypersensory -50%)]

[Mind Control (Rationalization +20%, Mind Tricks -30%, Hearing-Based -20%, Only on those who share a language with me -10%, Independent +70%)]

[Digital Oracle (Inspired +100%, Cosmic +50% Can work off limited data, Reduced Time 13 +260%)]

[Intuition (Inspired +100%, Reliable +50%, No dice roll required +100%)]

[Psychometry (Directed +50%, Sensitive +30%, Active Only -20%, Hypersensory -50%)]

[Precognition (Directed +100%, Active Only -60%, Hypersensory -50%)]

Make some kind Wildcard skill covering Psychology, Fast-Talk, Investigation, Computer Hacking and such, rated 50, and then turn into an advantage.

Then package all of that into a power and make it cost FP and cause Incapacitation: Agony if you use it too long, and give it Attracts Threats -5% (cause she totally does).

Also, she's IQ 10 and Per 10 normally, IQ 30 and Per 30 when using her power (aspect limited). Not sure how to do that.

Last edited by Sassy Psionic Space Squid; 04-02-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Sassy Psionic Space Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #34
Gold & Appel Inc

I'd build Tattletale with a higher baseline IQ and Per (maybe 12ish) but lower maximums (probably about 20). Attracting threats is just rational people responding intelligently to the threat she presents, not a Limitation on her powers.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supers