Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
Bampop

Default Re: Visual of Player's Setup

You can use one-shots from your hand or from the table. It says so in the rules. You are right that you may only USE one headgear/footgear/armor at a time, but you may carry as many as you want as long as honey aren't big
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #12
anthooony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bampop View Post
You can use one-shots from your hand or from the table. It says so in the rules. You are right that you may only USE one headgear/footgear/armor at a time, but you may carry as many as you want as long as honey aren't big
Oh ok. Because I think MunchkinMan stated that you can only use One-Shot Items if they were in your hand to actually use them during a combat and if they aren't in your hand, I am guessing you cannot use them? Sorry, I am getting confused now haha.
anthooony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
StormCrow42

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthooony View Post
Oh ok. Because I think MunchkinMan stated that you can only use One-Shot Items if they were in your hand to actually use them during a combat and if they aren't in your hand, I am guessing you cannot use them? Sorry, I am getting confused now haha.
One shot items can be used in a combat either from your hand or from the table. When you're in combat, the only items that are valid to play are one-shots, and those only to actually effect the combat. You can't, for instance, play a weapon to replace the one that someone just cursed away while you're in combat.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #14
MunchkinMan

Quote:
That is not what I said at all. What I said is that you can't play Items that are not one shot Items from your hand during combat. What your layout implies is that you can only play Items that you can use from your hand during combat, which is incorrect. You can play one shot Items to any combat (or when appropriate) from your hand or from Items you are carrying because the rules explicitly say so. They also explicitly say you can only put Items in play to the table during your turn when you are not in combat.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 08-18-2013 at 09:02 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
anthooony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
That is not what I said at all. What I said is that you can't play Items that are not one shot Items from your hand during combat. What your layout implies is that you can only play Items that you can use from your hand during combat, which is incorrect. You can play one shot Items to any combat (or when appropriate) from your hand or from Items you are carrying because the rules explicitly say so. They also explicitly say you can only put Items in play to the table during your turn when you are not in combat.
o0o0o. Sorry for the miscommunication there. I guess I misread your reply. And I don't think I stated in my visual that a player can only use Items they are from their hand during combat. Under the "Carried: Other" section, I mention that you can use those items on the table or in the hand and that they "can" be played during combat not have to only.

But aside from the mishap, I wanted to know if the layout in general is correct and everything looks good as to where it should be. Again, I apologize if there were any confusion with my layout.
anthooony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #16
MunchkinMan

Quote:
o0o0o. Sorry for the miscommunication there. I guess I misread your reply. And I don't think I stated in my visual that a player can only use Items they are from their hand during combat. Under the "Carried: Other" section, I mention that you can use those items on the table or in the hand and that they "can" be played during combat not have to only.

But aside from the mishap, I wanted to know if the layout in general is correct and everything looks good as to where it should be. Again, I apologize if there were any confusion with my layout.
Again: You can not play Items that are not one-shot Items when you are in combat, and your visual layout and your statement above both imply that. Heavily.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote