Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Dungeon Fantasy: Against the Rat-Men

We slew all the rats
But heck, if the price is right
We'll do it again!
— Greedy McLooter, respected adventurer
The Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game comes with an adventure, I Smell a Rat. And when the delvers have completed that, what then? The GM could design another scenario . . . or you could get Dungeon Fantasy: Against the Rat-Men.

While giving details would spoil the surprises, it suffices to say that Against the Rat-Men picks up where I Smell a Rat left off. The two are designed to be run back-to-back as a mini-campaign. But although the second adventure invokes aspects of the first to set the scene, it isn't a rerun – it offers new mysteries to solve, new enemies to fight, and new treasures to find.

Important Note: Against the Rat-Men was a stretch-goal item during the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Kickstarter campaign, so if you were a backer – or bought the Dungeon Fantasy Companion, which includes this adventure – you already have this content. Buying it again would be doing us a favor, but not your bank account.

Store Link: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG37-8181
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #2
gibberingmouther

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy: Against the Rat-Men

Trip the wererat is like my favorite character from an rpg. rat men aren't necessarily so bad!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
Bruno

We had lots of fun playtesting this; it's completely useful for GURPS DF :)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
We had lots of fun playtesting this; it's completely useful for GURPS DF :)
Note that the adventure does make extensive reference to the original I Smell a Rat adventure from the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game boxed set. So while — in the broad strokes — the adventure would port great to the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy line, be aware that you can't buy just this PDF by itself and drop it into your GURPS Dungeon Fantasy game without some trouble.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #5
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
Note that the adventure does make extensive reference to the original I Smell a Rat adventure from the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game boxed set. So while — in the broad strokes — the adventure would port great to the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy line, be aware that you can't buy just this PDF by itself and drop it into your GURPS Dungeon Fantasy game without some trouble.
Oh.

I play GURPS in one campaign that has elements of DF (superpowered PCs cleaving legions of foes with a variety of impossible sword and sorcery power-ups), but isn't actually DFRPG.

I'm featuring wererats fairly heavily in my current adventure and I hoped that Against the Rat-Men might have plunderable mechanics or ideas.

Is there any way to buy just I Smell a Rat and Against the Rat-Men without the rest of the DFRPG?
Old 01-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #6
seycyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Important Note: Against the Rat-Men was a stretch-goal item during the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Kickstarter campaign, so if you were a backer – or bought the Dungeon Fantasy Companion, which includes this adventure – you already have this content. Buying it again would be doing us a favor, but not your bank account.
To anyone ...

I was a backer, and I have a digital copy of Against the Rat Men in my downloads file. I have a physical copy of the map for AtRM that was included in my DFRPG package. Am I supposed to have a physical copy of the adventure as well?
seycyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:05 PM   #7
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Is there any way to buy just I Smell a Rat and Against the Rat-Men without the rest of the DFRPG?
Not at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
I was a backer, and I have a digital copy of Against the Rat Men in my downloads file. I have a physical copy of the map for AtRM that was included in my DFRPG package. Am I supposed to have a physical copy of the adventure as well?
The only reason you would have a physical copy is if you bought the Dungeon Fantasy Companion (or backed a a tier that included the Dungeon Fantasy Companion); the three stretch-goal PDFs were otherwise only available as PDFs.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #8
seycyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
The only reason you would have a physical copy is if you bought the Dungeon Fantasy Companion (or backed a a tier that included the Dungeon Fantasy Companion); the three stretch-goal PDFs were otherwise only available as PDFs.
Oh, there it is in the Companion, thanks! I backed it all, was just wondering, thanks for the reply.
seycyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #9
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
The DFRPG Companion bundles I Smell A Rat with Magic Items and Traps, which I think are good value for any kind of game where a I Smell A Rat and Against the Rat-Men are useful.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:33 AM   #10
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The DFRPG Companion bundles I Smell A Rat with Magic Items and Traps, which I think are good value for any kind of game where a I Smell A Rat and Against the Rat-Men are useful.
Shouldn't the Companion have Against the Ratmen, Magic Items and Traps? I Smell a Rat is in the boxed set already.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote