Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #311
Ze'Manel Cunha

Default Re: Damage Resistance with Force Field enhancement: What gets through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dds_ks View Post
So what would you say: can an insect smaller than 15 mm sting/bite a SM 0 creature protected by a force field?
I believe I previously commented on this, in most cases my GMing vision of force fields is incompatible with the RAW, that means that for me RAW force fields are only appropriate in Space and Cartoon settings, whereas specifically defined types of force fields will vary depending on setting.
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #312
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
I believe I previously commented on this, in most cases my GMing vision of force fields is incompatible with the RAW, that means that for me RAW force fields are only appropriate in Space and Cartoon settings, whereas specifically defined types of force fields will vary depending on setting.
So, just vary the limitations you require characters to have on them, if you even allow them to be bought with CP as opposed to as a function of gear anyway.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #313
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
So, just vary the limitations you require characters to have on them, if you even allow them to be bought with CP as opposed to as a function of gear anyway.
Yep, that's pretty standard for most advantages anyway, I rarely allow any unmodified Advantages as Powers, required limitations and enhancements on Advantages is what make settings.

On Force Fields specifically, for the most part all it takes to bring my GMing vision into play is to put in some descriptive Nuisance Effects explaining how I see it functioning in a given setting, players get their -5% to -10% price break, and I never get any complaints.
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage resistance, force field, kromm explanation