Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 10-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
gim88

Default Troll items for Munchkin Quest

So are these items only available in the promo pack, or are they also included in the main set? I'd rather buy the game from my local store and support them, but I'd like the promo item from preordering too...
gim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Troll items for Munchkin Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gim88
So are these items only available in the promo pack, or are they also included in the main set? I'd rather buy the game from my local store and support them, but I'd like the promo item from preordering too...
The Troll monster -- and Troll Booth room -- are only available on the promo sheet. Retailers can get the promo sheet (and coin and coaster) if they order a case of Munchkin Quest. Ask your retailer about the promotion and tell him to talk to his distributor for more information.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
Cheese8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by gim88
My understanding is that they are only with the preorders(wouldn't be much of a preorder bonus if they came with the game no matter what). But if your local game store orders a case of Munchkin Quest (which is 6 games) they should get the promo items. So, you can always inquire at your local store to see if they have ordered a full case, therefor getting the promo items.
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
worms919

Am I the only one Wondering what room is on the other side of that Troll Booth Tile? Maybe its Blank, since it is a Promo item, or maybe it just has a second Troll Booth, but having a different room would be keep the Room Tiles consistent and also give the players a nice surprise.

Any ideas, inside info, or denials?

And by the way, I really need Munchkin Quest by November 17th so if you could make sure I'm near the top of the list of Pre-Order Deliveries... I just legally changed my name to Aaandy Aaardvark if that helps....
worms919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #5
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worms919
Am I the only one Wondering what room is on the other side of that Troll Booth Tile? Maybe its Blank, since it is a Promo item, or maybe it just has a second Troll Booth, but having a different room would be keep the Room Tiles consistent and also give the players a nice surprise.
It's not blank. Also, the links on the promo sheet include a completely new type that isn't found in the base game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worms919
And by the way, I really need Munchkin Quest by November 17th so if you could make sure I'm near the top of the list of Pre-Order Deliveries... I just legally changed my name to Aaandy Aaardvark if that helps....
The game should start shipping to stores the end of this month, and W23 pre-orders should start going out at about the same time (likely the first week of November).
Old 10-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
worms919

Now that its been confirmed, let the wild, unsubstantiated speculation begin.

Standard Troll Bridge might be too obvious, but it could make the room only accessible from two sides , which would be interesting, but not really funny...

Maybe its not Troll related at all. Maybe I need to get a life...
worms919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
compushark
MIB

You are talking about the munchkin quest promo pack 1, right?
The picture of it is available on w23:
http://www.warehouse23.com/img/mqpromo/MQPromo.jpg

MIB #1310
Pegasus Support
compushark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compushark
You are talking about the munchkin quest promo pack 1, right?
The picture of it is available on w23:
http://www.warehouse23.com/img/mqpromo/MQPromo.jpg
Yes, that's the first promo tile. The image shows only one side of the piece. (The coaster and coin images also only show one side.)

Last edited by philreed; 10-05-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
duskblade

seeing as this is name promo pack 1 will we be seeing promo packs with the other quest releases?
duskblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #10
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskblade
seeing as this is name promo pack 1 will we be seeing promo packs with the other quest releases?
That's the current line of thinking, but we'll have to see how this initial promotion works out.