Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
chang

Default trouble understanding the one shot items

hey...
munchkinman posted this in another thread and im having difficulty understanding it well. I think i have play one-shot item wrong for a while now. I think i have being playing one shot item as "usable only once" cards; hence I have never played one-shot items as "carried" they always went from my hand >> use when i could use them >> discard

By doing this I might had had discard / charity some in the past when i could have maybe just carried them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
.... You may play any Item to the table, even if you can't use it (e.g., Hands are full, wrong Class), or you aren't going to use it right now (like one-shot Items). You just have to turn an Item sideways if you aren't using it. However, you are not required to play all of your Items to the table. And, remember, you can only carry one Big Item, so that means you can only have one in play. All of the other cards must remain in your hand.
so cards like
in munchkin: wishing ring, flaming poison potion (and all potion for that matter), pretty ballons
in super munchkin: black coffee, rock of repentance.
Can be put down in the table as "carried" AND THEN play when i need to? they dont need to be kept in my hand and play from them?

I dont fully understand "usable once only" cards vs "one-shot item" cards.
If i got ur post correctly the one-shot item seem to be like the "usable only once" cards but with gold value in them? and which mean you can carried them?

I also wonder about this when you reply to my post here (thx btw) http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=124810 but the thread was closed before i could ask further :)

I figured i ask bc it seems i have been using this cards wrong for close to 2 years.. LOL
thx
chang is offline   Reply With Quote