Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #331
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Welker: "If I didn't have footage of you talking to people I'd assume that you were abrasive and belligerent. Yeah, its exceptionally weird. And you'll remember I advised you to stay in your room and not to let anyone in. That's precisely the distancing I was talking about.

As for getting you far away from people... Its not very practical. I could make a quarter of the people here move to give you more space and you'd still get less than 50 yards of space, and people would still need to move through the hall near you.

Though I suppose if we had to we could send you out in an emergency life-ball on a tether. That would put you in zero-G, but you could get quite a ways away from everyone else. Though if someone wanted to hurt you and kept their wits about them, they could possibly disconnect the tether or mess with your life support."

Yuria: "I'm not convinced its just you Olive. He says that, but then he would say that."

Welker: "Why shouldn't I drop you from the call right now?"

Yuria: "Because then I'll publish the video of me with the chair, and you seem to not want that."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #332
Plane

"Yuri, it seems like even when I'm not around people are still acting weird. Perhaps whatever is causing that for some reason is just causing people to react to me MORE weirdly... so while I agree with you that I'm probably not the only problem, it seems like Welker's right in that I could be making it worse?"

*looks to Welker* "I mean... people WERE acting strange even before you found me, right? But then, I'm not sure when I arrived here... so what if I was here all along causing the problem?"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:55 AM   #333
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Welker: "That's completely unrelated! The timing is off, and the random behavior was random and mostly physiological in nature, while the attacks against you are very targeted and emotional."

Yuria: "You don't know what's going at all! I'm going to post the video. Try and stop me if you think you can."

Welker: "Just a second!"

He drops out of the virtual room, as does Yuria.

OCC: yes, I made a roll for you. It was... surprisingly poor.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-22-2019, 12:53 PM   #334
Plane

*muttering to self* "I don't see why we should assume these are COMPLETELY unrelated... even if the are different..."

*notice the absence* "Doctor Welk..er? Yuri..a? Where'd you go?"
Old 11-25-2019, 09:23 AM   #335
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

How long will olive wait for a response? and what will she do in the mean time?

Old 11-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #336
Plane

Probably a few moments (Mental Stun?) then ask the computer what happened.

"compu..err.. System Access Unit .. er ... Heera, do you know Yuri and Mr. Welker vanished?"
Old 11-25-2019, 02:05 PM   #337
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Probably a few moments (Mental Stun?) then ask the computer what happened.

"compu..err.. System Access Unit .. er ... Heera, do you know Yuri and Mr. Welker vanished?"
"Yes, They have logged out of the virtual room. Both are currently in private virtual workrooms. Would you like me to send a message to them?".

Old 11-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #338
Plane

"Yes, please tell ask them what happened? Tell them Olive says it's been more than a second."
Old 11-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #339
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Heera: "Message Sent"

There is another pause for about a minute. Then Olive receives a message from Yuria (in yuria's voice)

"Sorry about that Olive. I gave it a shot, but you saw his response. This is just too important."

Old 11-30-2019, 04:30 PM   #340
Plane

Olive is feeling uncertain of who to trust, so she decides to back off from arguing for either of them and do some more studying of how to not get tackled by room-invaders.

"Heera in case guys out to get me come through this door again, are there any alternate ways out of this room that I could use?"