Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-24-2015, 09:29 AM   #231
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: God Slayers [IC]

Ward will go back and deliver his report directly to the UN and allow the human diplomats to inform the populace...
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:07 AM   #232
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The diplomats are estatic. The press more so. Ward may not know the full impact of the press on this world, but the ones who do are well aware this is going to be famous footage. bigfoot is, of course, invisible (though he should be aware with this kind of news someone is going to break out the liquor...)

Baba Yaga debriefs Mr. Myers. He wants to make good and sure herazian is dead. As he listens to her pile on the details, he nervously asks:

"The guy was completely invulnerable to our weaponry. That's a problem. We have impressive conventional might, but if we can't hurt him ... how common is that? Its the first time we've run across it, unless -- does anyone on the team that took him down have it?* I'm getting concerned here..."

* Ana the dragon has it full time, Bigfoot has it partially. And Ward doesn't have that, but they'd struggle to take down him as well. Baba they technically can shoot, but good luck catching her. Though they won't worry about that for now.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #233
LemmingLord

Bigfoot will stay hidden away.. Press means crowds.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:54 AM   #234
the_matrix_walker

"There are many powers and Magics out among the realms that your little world is unprepared to deal with. My Avatar is vulnerable to your conventional weapons, but I do not think there is anything on your world that could threaten my true self. But you need not fear that, as I mean you no harm. I'm simply here as a diplomat.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #235
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The diplomats barrage Ward with a bunch of questions:

"how was he defeated? can it be done again?"
"We've been exploring other worlds for nine years: why is this the first time we've been attacked by something this powerful?"
"How long will you be staying on earth?"
"There were others besides you. Could they have taken him down?"

OCC: feel no need to answer, but you can

Myers seems to have the same questions, but is letting them just simmer in his head. Finally, he asks some:

"If something like this happens again, can we count on you? and how will we get a hold of you?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:16 AM   #236
Poonbahbah

"You can count on me. When something crops up again, and be sure something will crop up, I'll be around to help. If you've got any bright people I may even take an apprentice. So long as I think their heart is in the right place.

As for getting in contact with me... They have these handy things that got invented just recently. They're called cell phones. All the rage with kids these days. Specially the "smart" ones. Should look into them. :p

Seriously though I'll give you a good number. One of those cheap no contract phones. I like my privacy so it won't be on all the time. Nor will I always be in a place with reception. I'll check in on occasion and I've got satellite so if anything earth shattering happens I'll probably hear about it sooner or later."
Old 05-07-2015, 08:16 AM   #237
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The diplomats barrage Ward with a bunch of questions:

"how was he defeated? can it be done again?"
"We've been exploring other worlds for nine years: why is this the first time we've been attacked by something this powerful?"
"How long will you be staying on earth?"
"There were others besides you. Could they have taken him down?"

OCC: feel no need to answer, but you can
As the actual battle time is not that long, Ward will first create an illusion replay of the battle, jumping past the pauses where Herazian jumps away. Then Ward concentrates (for 4 seconds) and activates the Multiplication Enhancement on Duplication, giving him 5 shadows rather than 2, and they go about answering questions, along with illusion visual aids for those who ask questions better answered with excerpts from the fight...

"It could be done again, but it will be some time before he can try."
"Who can say? Not everyone who goes outside is stung by an insect... but if you keep going out it will happen eventually."
"I'm on Earth for diplomatic negotiations and will be leaving upon their conclusion."
"I'm sure they could have defeated him without me, as I'm sure you humans could have done once his vulnerabilities were known."

Ward realizes that he must endure these questions and attempts to address them all as quickly as possible so they may return to their Elf World negotiations.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #238
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Myers scowls: "I know what cell phones are. I have a small army that deal with them. As for hearing about earth shattering news, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. Next time we won't be so lucky as to have someone who picks a perfect wilderness to fight in and gives us seven days to line up a perfect shot at him. We're expanding our network to look at issues a number of jumps out. I just worry what we'll do if we actually find something. We can handle a lot. But something like herazian, we need backup. I'll feel better with the phone number. If you want we can even provide you with the phone..."

After a few hours, the focus seems to be more on digesting the news than returning to the elf treaties. Ward knows he'll need to give them a day to chew on things.

OCC: please indicate what Ward wants for the treaties. What is he going to push for? Or will he revert to presenting a double of one of the aristocrats he is representing?

Old 05-09-2015, 12:14 AM   #239
the_matrix_walker

((OOC: What Ward is pushing for is to get Earth out of "elven business". The Elves of the Vale want to want to handle any improper actions by their elven cousins as an internal matter. ))
Old 05-09-2015, 03:04 AM   #240
Poonbahbah

"That won't be necessary but thank you for the offer. And try to lighten up. As bad as things seem they could always be worse and if you live your life stressing all the time about possibilities it's hardly worth living. Take that as the voice of experience talking. Unless there actually already is another problem worth stressing over? I'll keep in touch. Heck I might be the bearer of bad news if I hear something before you all."

Tags
god slayers