Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-01-2018, 11:44 PM   #4371
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
((Since no one has challenged this--granted, we all have world-shaking stuff to deal with--I'm going to let Ryuki flounce. Take your parting shots, do what seems right for your character, and then I'm going to sort out how and whether and where to get the last part of the story rolling.))
((Sorry, life has been demanding a lot of me lately.))

Quote:
Secretly he'd hoped someone would stop him. Surely things hadn't gotten this bad, surely he hadn't been wedged into the situation, surely the G--damned angels hadn't made such a thundering misjudgment. Judgement herself, no less, unless this was just another test, and he was losing patience with real situations being used as what ifs.

Ryuki pushed his way out the tent flap, only to come face to chest with Nisroc. Damn that guy was tall, and standing in such a way that he couldn't push past him. "I'm going." He tried to slip past the angel's side without success.

"Run. Run and hide. Go somewhere where I can't find you, where my people can't find you, so that if the archangels ask before I've convinced them and myself that you should be trusted again then I can tell them that I don't know where the Hell you are."

Corat's grip loosens. Von Galen considers running for it.

Ryuki's mask is ten feet thick, but he's never lost eye contact with this formidable creature. "Noted."

When no more words are forthcoming, Nisroc lets him pass.
Sunae sighs. Without taking her eyes of Von Galen she says to Nisroc,

"He's a noncombatant. What did you expect would happen? I would have preferred he stayed but I think we have enough pieces to put the picture back together."

Quote:
He points at Von Galen, "I'll take care of that guy."

He tries to stand, thinking he'll go straight through--or under--the wall of the tent if he has to.
Sunae reads his movement and steps forward.

"Oh no you don't. You ruined my one night of freedom. You'll pay for that."

She moves toward him with her kitana in hand and wrath in her eyes

"You'll pay dearly."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #4372
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
((Sorry, life has been demanding a lot of me lately.))

Sunae sighs. Without taking her eyes of Von Galen she says to Nisroc,

"He's a noncombatant. What did you expect would happen? I would have preferred he stayed but I think we have enough pieces to put the picture back together."
"We," you sense that it's the royal we, "have everything we need."

Quote:
Sunae reads his movement and steps forward.

"Oh no you don't. You ruined my one night of freedom. You'll pay for that."

She moves toward him with her kitana in hand and wrath in her eyes

"You'll pay dearly."
"No, you don't dare shed blood." Von Galen's voice is measured, and his eyes are for the spymaster. "The Hunt won't just pick up this body like Heaven or Hell would. Even if I don't scream, the crowd outside will smell my blood and avenge me. I am their leader, their guru, their preacher. The angels can just poof out the ceiling, but you, and you, and probably you," he's vague about who he's pointing at, his arms being restrained, "they'll fall upon you like hounds on a fox."

Nisroc's face goes just a little pale at the thought. Von Galen is pleased at this.

"And as long as there's a chance that any of you would wake up in Hell, he can't risk that, even if he cared whether you lived. Sure, death will scramble your brain, but Hell's got some pretty good unscramblers."

Nisroc thinks on this, fingering an imaginary pearl.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:53 PM   #4373
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"No, you don't dare shed blood." Von Galen's voice is measured, and his eyes are for the spymaster. "The Hunt won't just pick up this body like Heaven or Hell would. Even if I don't scream, the crowd outside will smell my blood and avenge me. I am their leader, their guru, their preacher. The angels can just poof out the ceiling, but you, and you, and probably you," he's vague about who he's pointing at, his arms being restrained, "they'll fall upon you like hounds on a fox."

Nisroc's face goes just a little pale at the thought. Von Galen is pleased at this.

"And as long as there's a chance that any of you would wake up in Hell, he can't risk that, even if he cared whether you lived. Sure, death will scramble your brain, but Hell's got some pretty good unscramblers."

Nisroc thinks on this, fingering an imaginary pearl.
Sunae laughs

"You think you scare me? I was baptized in blood. You think I fear pain? You think I fear death? Let them kill me. You don't know what will happen, but I do. I am a fire that burns eternally and you are nothing but kinder."

Without leaving her gaze she speaks to the angels as she extends her sword arm, allowing her kitana to dangle from her hand, the tip facing the ground.

"If you have to leave, do it now. I'll be fine."

It's a gesture the angels have seen only once.

(In case anyone needs a reminder...)

(They're probablynot going to have a lot of time...)

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 07-17-2018 at 12:32 AM. Reason: I keep changing my mind...sorry
Old 07-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #4374
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae laughs

"You think you scare me? I was baptized in blood. You think I fear pain? You think I fear death? Let them kill me. You don't know what will happen, but I do. I am a fire that burns eternally and you are nothing but kinder."

Without leaving her gaze she speaks to the angels as she extends her sword arm, allowing her kitana to dangle from her hand, the tip facing the ground.

"If you have to leave, do it now. I'll be fine."

It's a gesture the angels have seen only once.

(In case anyone needs a reminder...)

(They're probablynot going to have a lot of time...)
((Ummm, what's the range on that explosion? Kane, Mitch, and Corat will be fine, but where did we put Cameron and Glen?))
Old 07-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #4375
ladyarcana55

Quote:
((Ummm, what's the range on that explosion? Kane, Mitch, and Corat will be fine, but where did we put Cameron and Glen?))
(According to what I see Cameron was still at the DJ booth getting the people jumping and paying attention to something else while I don't see anything that says Glen entered the tent. But then, I can't see him getting close to a potential fight. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I do see something that hints that he has something in mine for Von Galen too.)
Old 07-22-2018, 12:03 PM   #4376
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
(According to what I see Cameron was still at the DJ booth getting the people jumping and paying attention to something else while I don't see anything that says Glen entered the tent. But then, I can't see him getting close to a potential fight. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I do see something that hints that he has something in mine for Von Galen too.)
(If that's cool with everyone, I'll blow this up and close it out.)
Old 07-25-2018, 11:15 PM   #4377
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
(If that's cool with everyone, I'll blow this up and close it out.)
((Damn, but the PbP is dead! I'll start another thread in a couple days, but I hope this isn't the end end. I enjoy this little world!))

Quote:
And she passes 2 Essence to the sword just before she lets go, allowing it to drop the the ground. As soon as the tip touches the ground, there is an explosion of flame that engulfs Sunae and her captor, as well as any who are standing too close.
Sunae goes up in an explosion of flame, taking Von Galen down with her, though 'down' is wrong in that only her clothes burn up and Von Galen, wearing a vessel like a suit, is immolated. The vessel was tough enough for a few fistfights, not a conflagration.

Corat dives out of range as best he can but he's going to get burned. I suppose this means his career/role as an air marshal is finished, along with any hope of modeling until he gets the burn wounds healed.

Kane, well, Malakite...

Cameron and Glen may or may not be in the room, but Mitch certainly is, and would witness Nisroc drop two Songs at once. A talented singer that one. Both forms of Shields go up simultaneously, one to contain the fire and the other to dampen the Disturbance. The guru is gone and it's past time for him to bug out, and so he takes the intelligence gathered by the party and his own resonance and heads back to camp, confident that the party can handle the guru's crowd, the cover story for what started the fire, and what to do with a possessed vehicle. He had more familiar issues to deal with--delivering intel and handling balky new recruits. Maybe he could use Soldiers' Local 93 to his advantage. The Spymaster is Mercurian, after all...
Old 07-29-2018, 03:23 PM   #4378
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Sunae goes up in an explosion of flame, taking Von Galen down with her, though 'down' is wrong in that only her clothes burn up and Von Galen, wearing a vessel like a suit, is immolated. The vessel was tough enough for a few fistfights, not a conflagration.
Sunae looks upon the remains of her adversary and smiles. She looks down at herself. The clothing is gone, as is the makeup and her hair is burning, but no matter. She has the backing of the crew and his followers are outsiders who only managed to wander here.

Well, it's showtime.

She puts away her sword and runs out screaming as she tries to put out
the fire.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:43 PM   #4379
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae looks upon the remains of her adversary and smiles. She looks down at herself. The clothing is gone, as is the makeup and her hair is burning, but no matter. She has the backing of the crew and his followers are outsiders who only managed to wander here.

Well, it's showtime.

She puts away her sword and runs out screaming as she tries to put out
the fire.
((I first pictured this scene from BR2 that the two characters inexplicably survive, but then I realized Sunae was going to ask bystanders for help, not attack them. Silly me. which itself is a homage to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid's ending ))

With Von Galen, errr, not talking, the crowd perceives the explosion as an accident, and while they tear down the tent trying to get inside they're looking for victims, not attackers. Somebody calls an ambulance and some fans of his cradle his remains, but no war breaks out.

Nisroc is nowhere to be found.

----------------------
That's where I plan to end it. I can continue the story "sometime later" or not at all, but this is where this scene ends unless you have any great objections.

On the chance there are still lurkers, would anyone be interested in a take-back LA story?
Old 07-31-2018, 09:09 PM   #4380
ladyarcana55

Quote:
That's where I plan to end it. I can continue the story "sometime later" or not at all, but this is where this scene ends unless you have any great objections.

On the chance there are still lurkers, would anyone be interested in a take-back LA story?
Sure, if others are into it.

BTW, I'm glad Nisroc, the Mercurian, didn't get Dissonance from it. But then again, as far as Sunae is concerned, this is War. She would consider that to be an acceptable risk.

Tags
in nomine