Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 02-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #1
Anikki

Default How to handle Charity, and tracking your Level

Im new at the game.... I played it last night with one other person (even tho its for 3-6 players) It was a practice game to learn some cards... and learn how the game plays

I hope this isnt a repetitive question.... but my questions are????

1) Do you just hand them over to the lowest player or split them among the tie for lowest....?? or both

2) Is it the lowest level or lowest level combined with the buffs..??

(What if everyone gives the same person cards??)

3) Can the cards you give them... send them to win the game...??

4) Is there more separate cards to be added outside the boxed sets to each set of "Munchkin" to give you more than 168 cards (Boxed SET)??

5) Is there a "Munchkin" related tokens to help signify each player's level?? (Im using counters from Pokemon (with "10" on them)

Help answer my questions... so I wont stay a "noob" for long...
Anikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Default How to handle Charity, and tracking your Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikki View Post
Im new at the game.... I played it last night with one other person (even tho its for 3-6 players) It was a practice game to learn some cards... and learn how the game plays

I hope this isnt a repetitive question.... but my questions are????

1) Do you just hand them over to the lowest player or split them among the tie for lowest....?? or both
When you give Charity, you give your excess to the lowest level player(s), splitting them as equally as possible if there is more than one "lowest level player"

Quote:
2) Is it the lowest level or lowest level combined with the buffs..??
The lowest level. Your total combat strength is irrelevant to whether you receive Charity, only your level matters.

Quote:
(What if everyone gives the same person cards??)
That's entirely possible, if that person is the lowest level player through several turns of play.

Quote:
3) Can the cards you give them... send them to win the game...??
You have to kill a monster to get the winning level, so I'm unaware of any card you could give somebody as Charity that would DIRECTLY result in them winning the game.

Quote:
4) Is there more separate cards to be added outside the boxed sets to each set of "Munchkin" to give you more than 168 cards (Boxed SET)??
Most versions of Munchkin have some kind of expansion which has more cards. Some versions have more than one. The original version has LOADS.

Quote:
5) Is there a "Munchkin" related tokens to help signify each player's level?? (Im using counters from Pokemon (with "10" on them)
There are several ways to track levels.

SJGames sells level counters:

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/counters/

Level Playing Field, a set that includes a board to track levels, along with player tokens, etc. (the back side allows for Epic play, by going to 20):

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/levelplayingfield/

and they also sell official Munchkin D10s, which can also be used to track your level:

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/leveldice/

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 02-02-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
MunchkinMan

Default Re: How to handle Charity, and tracking your Level

I moved this question to its own thread because it's not a follow-up question to a response, and not all of the questions are related to the topic where the post was added on. Normally, we also like to see one question per thread, unless it's a few related questions (sort of like a multi-part question). This is to prevent threads becoming very hard to follow as people respond to unrelated questions inside of one thread. Since someone already responded to your questions, I'll just keep all of it together at this point.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote