Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 10-20-2005, 10:11 PM   #11
alexondria

Default Re: superior write ups

I bought the revalations cycle of books- I didn't actualy run the campain but they were great source material for cities that I didn't have to fully invent and demon and angel details that were revealed were great.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #12
RadLilim

I agree, I liked the Revelations Cycle also. It did give a lot of information, and even if you don't run the exact plot line, one can grab bits and pieces to place in your own games.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #13
Glamourweaver

Well having finally had a few bucks to my name again, i just bought the book of ghosts. Hope that helps a little with pushing forward future e23 products :)
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:23 PM   #14
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

It does indeed, Glamourweaver. Thank you. I hope that you enjoy it.

Depending on how future releases sell -- and I mean that in the most literal and harsh way possible -- it might be possible for me to organize an adventure, drawn from the original outline of the second Cycle, that wasn't a Long Overarching Campaign, but did reveal some Big Secrets. Probably along the lines of the Feast of Blades adventure, size-wise.

The lack of breakout sales for Feast of Blades itself (it does contain two Superiors, and a relatively Big Secret about at least one of them), not to mention Genevieve Cogman's e23 exclusive (City on Fire), does not make me confident about adventures at this time.

But if enough of the future releases sold to make the experiment worthwhile, and if that mini-Cycle sold well enough itself, then I might be able to work out another Cycle.

Till then, Cycles and adventures are relatively low on my priority list.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:30 AM   #15
alexondria

what interests me is more information about the world and particularly the superiors- I might buy an adventure here or there to get the information in them but I rarely run things that other people have written- they're fare to structured for me or the groups I play w/. I would definately buy it though if you were to publish things akin to the superiors line of books on e-23, I actualy just went out the other day and bought one of the 2 superiors books that I didn't own and would have bought the other one except the game store didn't have it in stock.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:42 PM   #16
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Remember, warehouse23.com has all the Superiors books in stock... *grin*

And, as I can now say, Superiors... manuscripts? documents? What the heck do I call this thing? Files? Anyway, Lilith's been announced.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 PM   #17
Chris Aylott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
And, as I can now say, Superiors... manuscripts? documents? What the heck do I call this thing?
I like to go with, "book". But I'm old-fashioned that way.

:)
Old 10-28-2005, 01:35 PM   #18
ScaredofScissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliken
That, unfortunately, was the theory behind the Revelations Cycle books. Bad theory, no donut.

---Walter
Except that the Revelations Cycle books weren't a complete campaign (well, maybe books 4-5 together). They were part Superior expansions, part rules/setting expansions, and part campaign. Not really like a "world's greatest dungeon" or "shackled city" or "tomb of elemental horrors" campaign at all.
ScaredofScissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:47 PM   #19
ScaredofScissors

Sort of a thread-jack, I suppose, but tangentially related to the thread name...

I'm all for new IN material in whatever form. Really! But Lilith? Granted, she's neat, but she's already been covered in a Revelation Cycle book. Just like most of the Superiors in the Superiors books, it's not really "new" material so much as "now with extra expansion" material. This isn't a complaint, BTW, so much as a question of where's the love for Jean, or Marc, or Jordi, or Janus?
ScaredofScissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #20
Glamourweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth

The lack of breakout sales for Feast of Blades itself (it does contain two Superiors, and a relatively Big Secret about at least one of them), not to mention Genevieve Cogman's e23 exclusive (City on Fire), does not make me confident about adventures at this time.
The only reason I haven't bought Feast of Blades online is that I kind of already physically own it (via the GM screen)...

As for City of Fire its on my purchase list along with Lilith as soon as I can.
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta