Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 05-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #1
Cdawg

Default Munchkin RPG Gag Game Ruling

My RPG group is going to run a gag game of the Munchkin RPG upgraded to Pathfinder for fun, mayhem, and great profit.

In the ensuing plotting, one player made their own (unofficial) Munchkin T-Shirt to qualify for Search for Treasure. The players will each hold the T-shirt at character creation. I am the Stupid DM. By RAW, they'll qualify for the Feat.

I've already gotten hidden messages for bribes for artifacts including requests for a cosmic cube (its in a book!). Does the Cosmic Cube qualify as an artifact?
My initial reaction was no (they may call it an artifact in the book he showed me but artifacts must be magic items and the cosmic cube is a science object). My player countered with Arthur C.Clarke "Magic is just science we don't understand."

I'm going to add that the cosmic cube is probably not the most game breaking item that has cropped up. One player has scribbled "Potion of DM Control" in a book, and another is taking a creative reading of the third party product called Immortal's Handbook to get a ring to make him a permanent overgod. It is all very legit and above board.

So, what is the official ruling on the cosmic cube? We still love the books, I think I bought them in Gen Con around 2002. When nostalgia strikes, I look them over and reread Intercontinental Union of Disgusting Characters.
Cdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin RPG Gag Game Ruling

We officially decline to make official rulings about the Munchkin RPG books.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:49 AM   #3
Cdawg

Default Re: Munchkin RPG Gag Game Ruling

That makes sense now that I realize the original license has been pulled. I withdraw my request for an official response.

With that said, how would you as an individual, unofficially and not representing SJG, come out on that question if this was your own gag home game?
Cdawg is offline   Reply With Quote