Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #11
Cat
 
Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

On further meditation, I'm leaning towards allowing trucks and hovertrucks a pallet capacity of 2. Keeping transport capacity on a par with Vulcans is the simplest course. There's no great combat advantage to carrying two LADs on an easily destroyed transport.
__________________
All-Purpose Gaming Blog: Goblinhall
Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #12
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

Quote:
Originally Posted by industrialchild View Post
Very cool! I can't believe I missed this! :D This is a great resource and I'm printing it out as I type this! Thank you Cat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Things do get a bit squirrelly around here. No significant rules changes in the 6E(R) version, but a number of minor details have shifted or been added. I suspect the earlier draft rules that are up just haven't been swept away in house cleaning yet.
I think it's more of an issue that it's not immediately obvious on the resources page that "the definitive ruleset" is, in fact, the Battle Box rules.

I'm assuming that title will shift as new editions come out (pretty sure the ruleset in Battlefields will be another update and become the new "definitive" ruleset).
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #13
industrialchild
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
On further meditation, I'm leaning towards allowing trucks and hovertrucks a pallet capacity of 2. Keeping transport capacity on a par with Vulcans is the simplest course. There's no great combat advantage to carrying two LADs on an easily destroyed transport.
Until we have an "official" answer. I would agree with this assessment. It seems very logical to me.

I love the modular aspects of this game and Car Wars, really easy to mod them to your liking! Until I'm told otherwise, I'll follow your lead and implement this for my games that utilize this as well!
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #14
offsides
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cheltenham, PA
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
On further meditation, I'm leaning towards allowing trucks and hovertrucks a pallet capacity of 2. Keeping transport capacity on a par with Vulcans is the simplest course. There's no great combat advantage to carrying two LADs on an easily destroyed transport.
I have no complaints with KISS. :)
__________________
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:43 AM   #15
industrialchild
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
I have no complaints with KISS. :)
Are you a magician, Joshua? :) I've rarely seen that acronym used outside of magician circles...Just curious. I am!
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:19 AM   #16
ColBosch
 
ColBosch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

Quote:
Originally Posted by industrialchild View Post
Are you a magician, Joshua? :) I've rarely seen that acronym used outside of magician circles...Just curious. I am!
It's a very common term in engineering and the military, too. But let's please try to stay on topic.
__________________
Keeper of the GURPS Banner
See my Ogre collections!
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #17
industrialchild
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

My sincere apologizes ColBosch and thank you for sharing that bit of information with me about where that stems from. :)
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #18
Dave Crowell
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Things do get a bit squirrelly around here. No significant rules changes in the 6E(R) version, but a number of minor details have shifted or been added. I suspect the earlier draft rules that are up just haven't been swept away in house cleaning yet.
Has anyone prepared a document listing the changes in the Ogre/GEV rules over the various printings and editions?

I lost the earlier pdf rulebooks in a laptop each, and don't have all the printed rule book although I have many of them. I don't expect many major changes, but it would be interesting to see how things have evolved.
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:17 PM   #19
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Crowell View Post
Has anyone prepared a document listing the changes in the Ogre/GEV rules over the various printings and editions?

I lost the earlier pdf rulebooks in a laptop each, and don't have all the printed rule book although I have many of them. I don't expect many major changes, but it would be interesting to see how things have evolved.
I have pretty much everything, but never went line-by-line to note differences.
It would be an interesting "release notes" project.
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #20
Cat
 
Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default Re: Of Transport Vehicles and Pallets

Thanks to GranitePenguin, we've solved the how many pallets fit in a basic transport vehicle question. Based on the physical realities of miniatures past (and hopefully future) the answer is one pallet load per vehicle.
http://www.sjgames.com/miniatures/og...709.1549380397
__________________
All-Purpose Gaming Blog: Goblinhall
Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.