Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
darksolarian

Default Previous versions of rules

Just wondering, the downloadable version of the rules is not the same as the paper copy in my ogre 6th edition box. Is there a way to download this apparently outdated version of the rules?
darksolarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
Mack_JB

Default Re: Previous versions of rules

I still have the versions from ODE and 6E downloaded -- they should be out there "somewhere" in the SJG website.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
darksolarian

I will try looking again, had no luck previously.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #4
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksolarian View Post
Just wondering, the downloadable version of the rules is not the same as the paper copy in my ogre 6th edition box. Is there a way to download this apparently outdated version of the rules?
What link are you using?
What's different that stands out?
Old 01-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #5
sparky00

The current O6E (ver. 6.2) and original ODE rule books are both available on the "Ogre Resources" page.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:32 AM   #6
darksolarian

I have downloaded the rules from the site, but they do not quite match the rules that came in my box. My rules say Ogre Sixth Edition, not Ogre Sixth Edition Revised. I'm not sure which version of the rules I have in printed form - not sure where the version number would be. The layout is very similar, just a few minor difference s.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #7
Mack_JB

Well, the Downloaded set that says "Battle Box" on it is the latest and greatest -- that is "The Rule Book" going forward from now on.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:51 PM   #8
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksolarian View Post
I have downloaded the rules from the site, but they do not quite match the rules that came in my box. My rules say Ogre Sixth Edition, not Ogre Sixth Edition Revised. I'm not sure which version of the rules I have in printed form - not sure where the version number would be. The layout is very similar, just a few minor difference s.
AFAIK, there is no PDF version of what came in the basic Ogre 6th Edition box (a moderate review of everything I have has come up empty).
What's on the site is:None of these are what's in the 6th Ed box. The 6th Ed rules that are in the "small" box is _just_ the rules for the basic Ogre game. It does not include the rules for any of the G.E.V.-related stuff.

The closest thing to what is in the basic ogre box is the Designer's Edition Quick Start rules

The "one you want" is the Battle Box rules. It is not only the most current, but it also is the most complete (covers all the rules, not just the basic game).
Old 01-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #9
offsides

IIRC, there was at least a preview of the O6E rules posted here on the forums at some point, but that was more of a, "Please look this over and see if we missed anything" sort of thing, and not a finished product. But I don't know that it 100% matches the published O6E rules either, since it was a "proofing" copy...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #10
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
IIRC, there was at least a preview of the O6E rules posted here on the forums at some point, but that was more of a, "Please look this over and see if we missed anything" sort of thing, and not a finished product. But I don't know that it 100% matches the published O6E rules either, since it was a "proofing" copy...
That's what I was trying to find locally without any luck. I assume that did exist, since we've been proofing everything else, but so far it has eluded my search.