Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 06-24-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2

Hark, monster-slayer!
Adventures will soon teach you:
Monsters slay right back!
— A one-eyed, one-legged fellow at the pub
At its heart, hack 'n' slash fantasy – like that of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game – is about defeating monsters and taking their stuff. There's much to be said for adding more depth to the game by enhancing the "roleplaying" part. But when you really, truly feel like a straight-up dungeon crawl, the secret to keeping things fresh is to add more loot . . . and more monsters, lots of monsters.

Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 expands Dungeon Fantasy Monsters with another 24 creatures to challenge treasure-hunters. Some – like the angel, chimera, giant, naga, strix, and succubus – have stepped out of mythology and folklore. Others – such as the fly-dragon (a mischievous "shoulder dragon") and trétrold (an animated tree) – should be familiar to any reader of fantasy novels or player of fantasy games. There are also new demons, dire animals, golems, and undead. But we took care to add Elder Things, intelligent "enemy races," and weird stuff (what the heck is a manaplasm?), and to ensure that everything is unpredictable enough to catch veteran gamers by surprise. All of these beings come with descriptions, full-color art, complete stats, notes on how to use them in the game, and a pair of adventure seeds.

Get Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and even your highest-powered delvers will be less cocky about kicking down the door.

Store Link: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG31-1007
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
DarkPumpkin

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2

I like the book. I understand that Kickstarters are a great way to gauge interest and to cover expenses early on. However, I think the fact that several monsters didn't make the cut just because the stretch goals weren't met, even though all the content was done, and it's already a small book, is disappointing.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
I think the fact that several monsters didn't make the cut just because the stretch goals weren't met, even though all the content was done, and it's already a small book, is disappointing.
The monsters could make a PDF about the size of a GURPS Creatures of the Night supplement. And likely will, and for that price.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:33 PM   #4
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
The monsters could make a PDF about the size of a GURPS Creatures of the Night supplement. And likely will, and for that price.
Definitely hope this happens.
Michael Thayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:43 PM   #5
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
I like the book. I understand that Kickstarters are a great way to gauge interest and to cover expenses early on. However, I think the fact that several monsters didn't make the cut just because the stretch goals weren't met, even though all the content was done, and it's already a small book, is disappointing.
The demand wasn’t there to support the added manufacturing and shipping costs it would have required to include all of those unused monsters.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:39 PM   #6
DarkPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Definitely hope this happens.
I guess so. But it's a less optimal outcome than having all the content in one book.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote