Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Can Celestials Have Kids?

And the Demon of Spam gets a little more Essence. Now, where'd those Vikings go?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
And the Demon of Spam gets a little more Essence. Now, where'd those Vikings go?
While the Hawaiian Angel of Spam, Hormel, gets marginalized once again.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
Shiftkitty

Location: A little south of Heaven and a little north of Hell.

Check Michael's camp. I've been reading the French version of the game (with the help of a translation program), and I am really enjoying the flavor. Hopefully I'll eventually have more money and can buy a few more PDFs from e23. Right now it's all going to paying the bills. :(

However, lack of funds didn't stop us from having a chuckle over the idea of Superiors having kids and Michael dealing with a daughter who has a crush on a boy from Novalis' garden and a son who thinks that Dominic is the greatest Archangel ever to grace the streets of Heaven and wants to be just like him...
Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
Shiftkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
While the Hawaiian Angel of Spam, Hormel, gets marginalized once again.
LOL!!! Poor Hormel!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftkitty View Post
Check Michael's camp. I've been reading the French version of the game (with the help of a translation program), and I am really enjoying the flavor. Hopefully I'll eventually have more money and can buy a few more PDFs from e23. Right now it's all going to paying the bills. :(

However, lack of funds didn't stop us from having a chuckle over the idea of Superiors having kids and Michael dealing with a daughter who has a crush on a boy from Novalis' garden and a son who thinks that Dominic is the greatest Archangel ever to grace the streets of Heaven and wants to be just like him...
My knowledge of In Nomine has faded since I lost my book.
But I wonder if there's some way to stealthily create a child from an involuntary celestial. Either from a major battle dropping just enough micro-essence to allow a "coloring" if not true parentage. For new half celestials, one can always lie about who their parent really was.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
LOL!!! Poor Hormel!
Imagine the hassle (s)he gets from the Jewish and Muslim angels, and whoever has the word Nutrition. Maybe expected to tolerate demons working under the word Salt, and Cholesterol. lol
Old 12-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #17
JCD

Quote:
When a pair of humans want to have a child, the only thing they need is some time alone together. For angels it's a bit more complicated. Most celestials don't have the power to bind Forces together into a new being, so
prospective angelic parents need the help of an Archangel. (The Grigori were an exception to this rule.)
Eli always agrees, Novalis almost always; the other Superiors will ask a lot of questions, especially Dominic, who feels that just making the request is grounds for suspicion of some sort of irregularity! A couple who serve different Superiors can ask either one to help; it's prudent to seek permission from both.

The only angels who don't need the help of an Archangel to reproduce were (or, just perhaps, are) the Grigori. Their vessels are part of the Symphony, just like
humans, so they can reproduce freely.
So...the text implies that Grigori in Vessels can mate together, though the Archdean...I mean Angel of Cutting Text might disagree...Though it makes an interesting arena for gaming.

For Example: an angel mating by accident with a Grigori. A DEMON mating by accident with a Grigori. Wonder if the CoG are also vulnerable?

I wonder what would happen if two Celestials in Vessels both used the Celestial Song of Fruition.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #18
Shiftkitty

Which book is this in again? (So I know which one to get if I ever see money again... Marc! Marc! Why hast thou forsaken me?)

Just as a thought, what does a Superior go through if he or she decides to go for it? Same as anyone else?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #19
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Which book is this in again? (So I know which one to get if I ever see money again... Marc! Marc! Why hast thou forsaken me?)
Er... um... I know it's out there somewhere...

(One of these years, I really should put together a consolidated index for all the books. However, that year is not this year.)

Quote:
Just as a thought, what does a Superior go through if he or she decides to go for it? Same as anyone else?
They can, yes. Alternately, they can grab loose Forces and knit them together, or they can use a mix of their own Forces and loose Forces. (I used that in-game a while back - Lilith was getting to be "too human" in her own estimation, so she pushed the Forces with those emotions out of herself and into a brand-new Lilim (combining with Forces from other Celestials, including one from one of the Seraphim in the player party)... who turned Bright as soon as she was created. This caused quite a stir in both Heaven and Hell, to say the least. Meanwhile, Lilith has gone back to her canon portrayal.)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
Dalillama

Quote:

APG pp 84-85. However, the bit about the Grigori was errata'd out.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
celestials