Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 05-09-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
mib2932

Default Problems with Dungeon Fantasy templates?

I'm having some problems creating characters with some of the Dungeon Fantasy templates. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

If I use the following setup:

http://s3.silent-tower.org/images/Data+Files+1.png

And run through selecting the "Cleric Dungeon Fantasy" template, I eventually get to this screen:

http://s3.silent-tower.org/images/Se...n+Window+1.png

This shows a long list of advantages to select (much more than is specified in the template) many of them with no point value displayed. If I select on and press add, it copies over to the right as expected. However, I think this template should be be marked as "up to 25 points" be cause it's near impossible to get exactly 25 points from the advantages displayed with point values, and you can't get past this screen unless you select exactly 25 points.

Now, if I add the DF3 module, like so:

http://s3.silent-tower.org/images/Data+Files+2.png

When I get to the same selection screen, I see the following:

http://s3.silent-tower.org/images/Se...n+Window+2.png

Now, it only shows the advantages that should be selectable, but when I click add, the advantage does not show up on the right (notice I've added one, reflected in the point total, but it's not showing up). There is still the problem with not being able to select exactly 25 points.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the templates in the data files? I have the latest data files installed that I know of (dated 2/5/2020) and I think I have the data files selected properly. I noticed a similar problem with the Druid template, but I have not really played around with anything else yet, since this was driving me nuts.
mib2932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:45 PM   #2
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Problems with Dungeon Fantasy templates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mib2932 View Post
This shows a long list of advantages to select (much more than is specified in the template) many of them with no point value displayed. If I select on and press add, it copies over to the right as expected. However, I think this template should be be marked as "up to 25 points" be cause it's near impossible to get exactly 25 points from the advantages displayed with point values, and you can't get past this screen unless you select exactly 25 points.
Most of those "abilities" that are listed with no point cost are actually spells. They have the IQ/H or IQ/VH difficulty listed on the left pane, and can be added to the character with as few as 1 point in them. Because of this I didn't think it necessary to list that window as "up to 25 points" since a spell or two can always be added at 1 point to bring the total up to 25 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mib2932 View Post
Now, if I add the DF3 module, like so:
I'm not seeing any of the problems you're mentioning after adding the DF3 data file. I'm not sure how you could be seeing that problem since DF3 doesn't make any changes to the Cleric template nor to the spell lists that would be showing up in that window. The first thing I would suggest is that you download the updated data files from the Official Data Files thread in this forum. Amongst other things There were some minor updates to the DF1 data file.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:23 AM   #3
mib2932

Default Re: Problems with Dungeon Fantasy templates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I'm not seeing any of the problems you're mentioning after adding the DF3 data file. I'm not sure how you could be seeing that problem since DF3 doesn't make any changes to the Cleric template nor to the spell lists that would be showing up in that window. The first thing I would suggest is that you download the updated data files from the Official Data Files thread in this forum. Amongst other things There were some minor updates to the DF1 data file.
I have the data files from that thread; you can see the date of the file in the first screenshot.
mib2932 is offline   Reply With Quote