Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Gnomes of Zurich > Conventions

Old 07-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
Magicheide

Default Munchkin Tourney at Anime Expo/Convention Report

Click here for Photo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

The Munchkin Tourney went really well at Anime Expo in Los Angeles on July 5th from 12 noon to about 5:45 PM We ( well Robert not me) then took pictures of winners and cleaned up. More than 60 people signed up for the tournament but we actually had 42 participate. We also did TWO teaching games of Munchkin during demos that morning before the tournament ,so people could learn it. I also did some dice demos and simple explaining of Munchkin on Thursday July 3rd to get people started. Robert also did a full on Zombie Dice demo with expansions also during open demos on July 5th. We were joined by new MiBs Wayne Phelps (who makes it possible for us to be there as he is the Entertainment division head) and Daniel Molzahn. The convention owns six regular and one Munchkin Deluxe set. We brought 6 more sets for the tournament and used one of Roberts also. The prize support was gratefully received by the swag hungry congoers! Thank you and bless you Warehouse 23! The convention was stopped from selling more badges when the attendance exceeded 85,000 people. So, my guess of 70,000 was about 15,000 people shy. The charity auction went off after I left the convention but I was thanked profusely for SJ Games generous donations! It was a really wonderful convention with LOTS of people checking out Munchkin, and not enough copies to go around! ---Respectfully submitted, Heide Nichols

Tags
convention, mib, munchkin