Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-01-2023, 06:22 AM   #1351
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will seek out the protal the last batch returned through and go through there.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 08:48 AM   #1352
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter will seek out the protal the last batch returned through and go through there.
That's about two miles away. How will he be getting there?

After opening the portal, Peter sees what looks like forest* from the American south. How is he dressed?

*naturalist really effects what information I can give you. Peter gets a lot of hints about location from knowing his plants!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 11:37 PM   #1353
the_matrix_walker

Peter will walk to the other portal, and find a place to stop and make sure Goliath has some water along the way.

(Peter's points in Naturalist were well spent indeed!)

While travelling under a clockwork sky, Peter is dressed as the Emissary, but has his American outfit tucked away.

When he passes through the portal, he changes his clothes and has a look around for signs of life.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:30 AM   #1354
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter hikes over, and opens the portal. He goes through the portal and is changing when he hears someone trying to sneak towards him.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-03-2023, 12:04 AM   #1355
the_matrix_walker

Peter turns to face the whoever is approaching as he changes his shirt.

"Careful not to startle Goliath. Who are you?"
Peter says.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:01 PM   #1356
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Private Isaiah Rodriquez, United States Army. I'm not alone. Tell your dog to stand down and put your hands on your head."

Old 03-05-2023, 11:08 PM   #1357
the_matrix_walker

"Hello Private Rodriquez. I'm Peter."

Peter finishes adjusting his clothing and attaches a makeshift Thuroman leash around Goliath's neck. Peter and the beast both know the great dog could easily slip it, but the creature understands it's meaning.

"I'm unarmed and I come as a friend. Be gentle, we're envoys, or ambassadors or whatever. I bear a gift."

Peter tries to put the soldier at ease as he gently puts his hands next to his head, he flashes him a disarming smile.

"Take me to your leader."
Old 03-06-2023, 11:07 AM   #1358
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Pvt. Rodrigez: "You're surrendering. Arguably, with those clothes, you're a captured spy."

The rest of Rodrigez's team pops out of hiding, or at least enough to be the rest of his team. Peter is handcuffed with his hands behind him and shown the back of a camouflaged truck just a few dozen yards from the portal. He is blindfolded, driven around a bit, and then moved into an empty grey cell and his blind fold removed.

The two soldiers removing his blindfold show him a simple folding chair, and a middle aged man with peppered dark hair. The middle aged man wears an army uniform as well. Peter doesn't see the dog.

"You can call me Sarge. I'm in charge of interrogating you. What's your name, who are you, why did you come through that portal, and why did you bring a dog?"

Old 03-06-2023, 05:20 PM   #1359
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pvt. Rodrigez: "You're surrendering. Arguably, with those clothes, you're a captured spy."

"Nyet! I vill not talk!" Peter jokes.

"Actually, I'll totally talk, I am not spying or surrendering, I have, like, literally, come to talk. Check with your superiors, I'm sure they have heard of the kid that got all those prisoners freed and they will want to talk to me."

Quote:
The rest of Rodrigez's team pops out of hiding, or at least enough to be the rest of his team. Peter is handcuffed with his hands behind him and shown the back of a camouflaged truck just a few dozen yards from the portal.
"This is really unnecessary... and kidnapping I think."
Quote:
He is blindfolded, driven around a bit,
"Not that I don't appreciate the drama... ooh, it's like that episode of 24, when..."

Quote:
and then moved into an empty grey cell and his blind fold removed.
The two soldiers removing his blindfold show him a simple folding chair, and a middle aged man with peppered dark hair.
"Ugh... Guys... Are you sure the US Army wants to Guantanamo a 14 year old from Massachusetts?"
Quote:
The middle aged man wears an army uniform as well. Peter doesn't see the dog.

"You can call me Sarge. I'm in charge of interrogating you. What's your name, who are you, why did you come through that portal, and why did you bring a dog?"
"My name is Peter. I'm the guy who got the prisoners in Thoroma released. They call me the Emissary. I came through the portal to try and find out what I can do to help bring peace to all sides. I brought a bunch of incense to see if I could teach anyone on this side to close portals, since I thought you might be interested. I'm kind of your big hero and y'all are handling my VIP treatment really poorly... and if you had a dog as awesome as my Goliath is, you would bring him everywhere too. I'd like him back now please."

"And I could really use a cherry coke and a cheesesteak actually. Thanks Sarge, the food kinda stinks over there."

On their travels, Peter feels out for any portals other than the one he came through, or any other magical phenomena he might be able to sense on this world.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:00 AM   #1360
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The men laugh at his comments, and seem to maybe believe them, but they take him into the van and cell anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Ugh... Guys... Are you sure the US Army wants to Guantanamo a 14 year old from Massachusetts?"
Sarge: "Do you claim to be a US citizen* then? What's your full name. I'm sure we can look you up. Do you know your Social Security Number yet?"
*I was curious if you'd take this line, and I'm still curious where it will go.

"regardless of how you answer, you will not be tortured or mistreated, though you will be detained, and we will figure out what you are."
Quote:
"My name is Peter. I'm the guy who got the prisoners in Thoroma released. They call me the Emissary. I came through the portal to try and find out what I can do to help bring peace to all sides. I brought a bunch of incense to see if I could teach anyone on this side to close portals, since I thought you might be interested. I'm kind of your big hero and y'all are handling my VIP treatment really poorly... "
Sarge: "Or you're a spy who has really done their homework. If you are truly responsible for their release, then thank you. I think you'll understand if we exercise a little paranoia about people coming through the gates. If you're that capable and that diplomatic you can exercise a little patience, I think."

"I'm interested. How do we close the portals? And how did you find that out?"

Quote:
"And I could really use a cherry coke and a cheesesteak actually. Thanks Sarge, the food kinda stinks over there."

"and if you had a dog as awesome as my Goliath is, you would bring him everywhere too. I'd like him back now please."
"That chessesteak and cherry coke are on their way. We're taking good care of the dog. Don't worry about him. Just keep talking. Can you explain the clothes you were wearing?"

Quote:
On their travels, Peter feels out for any portals other than the one he came through, or any other magical phenomena he might be able to sense on this world.
Peter senses the general direction of three different portals, but no other traces of magic.

Tags
lost in dreams