Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 03-20-2023, 11:31 PM   #11
RyanW

Default Re: Illuminati defeated. Now what?

Instead of one big conspiracy, you've got a thousand small ones, which is arguably harder to deal with.

In fact, many of those conspiracies may not even be aware anything has changed, except that the conversations are getting a little less directed after several regular posters stop logging into the forum.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:51 AM   #12
Embassy of Time

I like the whole splintered opposition angle. How can a common theme or central threat be added to it??
Embassy of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 07:25 AM   #13
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embassy of Time View Post
I like the whole splintered opposition angle. How can a common theme or central threat be added to it??
You could have some former lieutenant-level member of the conspiracy trying to unify the splintered groups (or maybe keeping them separate but having a leadership roll - or loyal lackey with the same - in each group). Or just have them not really linked together (beyond being remnants of the same destroyed organization) but largely still using similar tactics and/or having similar goals before, albeit with some twists for each splinter cell (sort of like how I understand the Imperial Remnant in the Legends continuity of Star Wars functions - independent warlords, but still using Stormtroopers, TIE Fighters, etc, and still trying to dominate systems like the Empire had before).
Old 03-21-2023, 10:19 AM   #14
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
You could have some former lieutenant-level member of the conspiracy trying to unify the splintered groups (or maybe keeping them separate but having a leadership roll - or loyal lackey with the same - in each group). Or just have them not really linked together (beyond being remnants of the same destroyed organization) but largely still using similar tactics and/or having similar goals before, albeit with some twists for each splinter cell (sort of like how I understand the Imperial Remnant in the Legends continuity of Star Wars functions - independent warlords, but still using Stormtroopers, TIE Fighters, etc, and still trying to dominate systems like the Empire had before).
An interesting take might be a few rival would-be puppet masters trying to take over in the power vacuum. Each has their own guiding philosophy and goal, from trying to recapture the glory of the fallen organization to recreating it in their own image without the 'mistakes' they perceive led to its downfall (if only they had listened to me before).
Old 03-28-2023, 05:23 AM   #15
Embassy of Time

I like the way this is going! It gives me GURPS Reign of Steel vibes, with inscrutible godlike entities vying for dominance after the fall of "civilization"!
Embassy of Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, illuminati, victory