Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #131
Figleaf23
Banned

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Slow-motion sense: the character can see (or gets +1 on vision rolls to see) very slow movement, like the minute-hand of a watch.

Suave: Serendipity on a trivial scale -- e.g. a waitor always appears when the character is ready to order and comes with the cheque just when the character is ready to leave, the character's lighter always works when he's lighting a smoke for a foxy-spy-woman, there is always a parking space available for the character. [If this is thought to be too powerful in generic form, it could be limited by thematical categories (and renamed eachy-wise).]

Strange Attractor: exactly like Weirdness Magnet, but without the requirement that it involve inconvenience or disadvantage.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #132
talonthehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23
Hirsute: the character can grow a reasonably shapeable beard in couple of days, and a full beard in a couple of weeks.
Speaking as someone who has this, I'm tempted call it a quirk. It's a real pain to have to shave twice a day to stay clean shaven.
talonthehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #133
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonthehand
Speaking as someone who has this, I'm tempted call it a quirk. It's a real pain to have to shave twice a day to stay clean shaven.
If you're bothering to shave.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #134
talonthehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokh
If you're bothering to shave.
Heh, fair enough. Though in a Kansas summer, it's less of an option.
talonthehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #135
Figleaf23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonthehand
I know what you mean.

It probably depends on context whether it's worth +1 or -1.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #136
Gizensha

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl
over riding the rules for who wins ties not being a powerful Trick? I would not eve consider it at less the [25] and i'm not sure that is high enough
It's essentially an accessibility limitation on Super Luck with the Alter Reality enhancement, I think. 12.5%, you say? So that's a -35% limitation. Well. No. It's probably a -40% limitation due to it only applying to contest rolls which is likely to knock the 12.5% down to the 1-6% range. Plus whatever fair value 'only change result by one' is worth (-60%?)

Which means it's either worth about 75 points (if using additive) or about 35 (if using multiplicative). For one use per hour.
Gizensha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #137
Figleaf23
Banned

Mispricing something by a whole order of magnitude -- I've outdone myself!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #138
cybermancer2k1

Dramatis Zephyrae
At a dramatically opportune moment, a soft breeze ruffles your hair, billows your cape, or waves your flag (ex: King of the Hill's John Redcorn).

Strike A Pose!
You can strike a pose (choose one as your standard) and make yourself look even more dashing, dramatic, or heroic.

It's Always Five O'Clock
You always seem to have a five o'clock shadow, which makes you look ruggedly handsome rather than unkempt.

(S)he's Got The Look: It's obvious you're just flirting -- but who cares? They always melt when you look at them anyway.

Dramatic Look Human
You've got a certain way of looking at people that tells them: You. Mean. Business. (a now-famous and hilarious example).

All of the above might be good for a +1 on the appropriate Social skill roll. Apologies if any have appeared elsewhere.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #139
Figleaf23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermancer2k1

Strike A Pose!
You can strike a pose (choose one as your standard) and make yourself look even more dashing, dramatic, or heroic.
Captain Morgan!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #140
Infornific

Ok, one more perk.

Sexy - You get +1 on Reaction rolls from individuals attracted to your sex in sexual and romantic situations only.

I reverse engineered this from the Appearance Advantage.

(Skip the rest of this post if you're not worried about the rationalization.)

Attractive [4] is +1 to Reaction rolls with a -20% limitation, Appearance based.

Handsome/Beautiful [12] is +2 to Reaction rolls with a -20% limitation, Appearance based [8] and an additional +2 to Reaction rolls with -60% in Limitations [4].

I break out the -60% in Limitations as follows:

-20% for Appearance based
-20% for only those attracted to your sex (this is roughly equivalent in frequency to only men or only women, which is -20%.)
-20% for the nuisance effects of attracting unwanted attention, being more noticeable, and triggering jealousy.

The last limitation is not explicit in Handsome/Beautiful, but is explicit for Very Handsome/Beautiful which follows the same price structure.

So Sexy is a +1 Reaction roll with -80% in Limitations:

-20% for Appearance based
-20% for only those attracted to your sex.
-20% for the nuisance effects of attracting unwanted attention, being more noticeable, and triggering jealousy.
AND
-20% only in sexual and romantic situations.

- DW
Infornific is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, perks