Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: OOC: The Infinite, Interest and Q&A; possible offical OOC

Draft one its a spread sheet from open office. I figured I may as well give everyone else the format I use.

He's 10 points under the total, though I'm sure There's something thats been forgotten. I like to pad my characters for errors. He actually doesn't have any non-template disads as well, I'm not sure which way I want to take him. Callous may be a good direction, and keeping to the letter of his word would also be fun for the character.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #22
samd6

I've got the mechanics worked out, but am struggling with the backstory. I'm thinking some kind of ex-pirate, but that's about it.

Inyri Bell
Spoiler:  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #23
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Draft one its a spread sheet from open office. I figured I may as well give everyone else the format I use.

He's 10 points under the total, though I'm sure There's something thats been forgotten. I like to pad my characters for errors. He actually doesn't have any non-template disads as well, I'm not sure which way I want to take him. Callous may be a good direction, and keeping to the letter of his word would also be fun for the character.
I like him, Honest would not fit a Hutt at all. In any shape or form. Even if he is educated in the Law, no Hutt follows the law.

Also you need to specialize your Gunner skill. If you have like an E-web in your floating thingy, that would be Gunner(beams).

Also go ahead and stat out your ally.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #24
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd6 View Post
I've got the mechanics worked out, but am struggling with the backstory. I'm thinking some kind of ex-pirate, but that's about it.

Inyri Bell
Spoiler:  
MY notes on this would be that Heavy Blaster pistols can not have under barrel Grenade launchers. They are two small.

http://www.tk1991.com/images/blaster%289%29.jpg

Is a heavy blaster pistol. You can't fit a grenade launcher on there.

You have to specialize your Akimbo. IF you take Akimbo Guns (Pistols) it will not work with your rifle.

There is no such thing as a plasma rifle in ultra tech.

What is Pirate boom?

can't have Infinite ammo. This far up in tech chain Ammo is low cost and easy to get and use. So that perk is out.

Also the standard amount of perks is 5 sorry if I forgot to mention that.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #25
samd6

I agree that the underbarrel grenade launchers probably shouldn't go on the pistols, but the book says that they can fit on anything bulk -3 or higher.

Akimbo(pistols) is fine.

I meant the Plasma Battle Rifle on page 128

I intended Pirate Boom as a cross between the styles Ultimate Shootist and Future Kill from Gun Fu

Can I change Infinite Ammo to Offscreen Reloading? It's a watered down version of Infinite Ammo that says as long as I have ammo, I don't need to worry about reloading during a fight scene.

Yep. 5 perks, plus one combat perk for every twenty points in combat skills, plus one style perk for every ten points in that style's skills and techniques. Unless you aren't using those rules, in which case I apologize.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #26
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd6 View Post
I agree that the underbarrel grenade launchers probably shouldn't go on the pistols, but the book says that they can fit on anything bulk -3 or higher.

Akimbo(pistols) is fine.

I meant the Plasma Battle Rifle on page 128

I intended Pirate Boom as a cross between the styles Ultimate Shootist and Future Kill from Gun Fu

Can I change Infinite Ammo to Offscreen Reloading? It's a watered down version of Infinite Ammo that says as long as I have ammo, I don't need to worry about reloading during a fight scene.

Yep. 5 perks, plus one combat perk for every twenty points in combat skills, plus one style perk for every ten points in that style's skills and techniques. Unless you aren't using those rules, in which case I apologize.
Yeah i understand that book says that, but the heavy blaster pistol is not big enough.

Just remember that the Plasma battle rifle has a back pack power supply, which means it takes the place of a back pack eliminating you from having a pack.

Also i am not very familiar with Styles and how they work...

And it is 5 perks only... total absolute.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #27
crretin

So how do you feel about force users? I have alot books from the star wars roleplaying system and one of them specializes in the force, and it says that there are force users that aren't jedi or sith that trained themselves how to use the force.
crretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #28
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by crretin View Post
So how do you feel about force users? I have alot books from the star wars roleplaying system and one of them specializes in the force, and it says that there are force users that aren't jedi or sith that trained themselves how to use the force.
Force Users =/= do not equal Jedi or Sith. They are totally fine. Just need to remember that Lightsabers were almost totally Jedi/Sith specific. So if you choose to do that you will probably not have a light saber.

Also just note, there will need to be a specfic force tradition that you are from and that, you can not be apart of any of the ones that are extinct.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #29
crretin

Actually on second thought I'm just going to be a bounty hunter....is it all right if I choose the ally advantage to get a droid sidekick? Or is just no droids at all.
crretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #30
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by crretin View Post
Actually on second thought I'm just going to be a bounty hunter....is it all right if I choose the ally advantage to get a droid sidekick? Or is just no droids at all.
Players cant be droids. If you want a droid that fine, just stat it out and we can work on it from there.