Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 08-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #11
Malkavman

Default Re: Competitive deck builds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Warrior is my favourite hero. Here is one tip for what it's worth...
I put 3 x Hydraxe and 3 x Ding! in the deck.
Ding! helps both players, but especially if Hydraxe is already on the board.
Great combo!
In my opinion, 3 Hydraxe is unnecessary, as the third one could not be put out until at least level 6, and then would have a maximum of 4 tokens on it by the time you hit level 10. For those extra stars, a Shiny manipulator is more useful, so you can get an extra use out of your maxed out Hydraxe. And if you're concerned about getting it out as soon as possible, All Teh Blades is there to let you go get it at soon as you want.

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Malkavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:45 PM   #12
Cactus Jack

Default Re: Competitive deck builds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkavman View Post
In my opinion, 3 Hydraxe is unnecessary, as the third one could not be put out until at least level 6, and then would have a maximum of 4 tokens on it by the time you hit level 10. For those extra stars, a Shiny manipulator is more useful, so you can get an extra use out of your maxed out Hydraxe. And if you're concerned about getting it out as soon as possible, All Teh Blades is there to let you go get it at soon as you want.
Good points.
Yes I also use Shiny Manipulator to get extra use from my loot.

However, don't think I have 3 x Hydraxe in order to have 3 on the board.
It is about increasing the probability of hitting the card I want (Hydraxe). Having one copy will have a certain percentage chance of finding it. Increasing the number of cards, means one can increase the chance of finding them, and being able to execute your chosen strategy!
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote