Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-16-2015, 04:28 AM   #1
zoncxs

Default [Sorcery] Post Your Spells Here

As the title says, lets see if we can have a list going for others to use and abuse. I'll start it off with a few:

Arctic Stream

Keywords: Jet, Obvious.
Full Cost: 11 points/level.
Casting Roll: None. Use Innate Attack (Beam) to hit.
Range: 10 yards.
Duration: Instantaneous.

I stream of freezing air shoots out of your hand which can strike any target up to 10 yards away without range or speed penalties. It can not be blocked or parried, only dodged. If the target takes damage they must roll vs HT at -1 per 2 points suffered, failure "freezes" them in place for (20 - HT) minutes. Damage suffered from this attack can only be recovered by getting warmth.

Statistics: Fatigue Attack (Increased Range 1/2D, ×2, +5%; jet, +0%; Freezing, +20%; Sorcery, -15%) [11/level]

Annihilating Weapon

Keywords: Weapon Buff.
Full Cost: 36 points
Casting Roll: None. Use Innate Attack (Gaze) to aim.
Range: 100 yards.
Duration: Three minutes.

The weapon enhanced gains the destructive enhancement for parrying purposes. Roll its damage normally and apply it to the parrying weapon or body part.

Statistics: Affliction 1 (HT; Accessibility, Only on weapons, ‑20%; Advantage, Annihilating Weapon, +260%; Fixed Duration, +0%; Increased 1/2D, 10¥, +15%; No Signature, +20%; Sorcery, ‑15%) [36].

Last edited by zoncxs; 09-23-2015 at 09:25 AM.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #2
Anders

Default Re: [Sorcery] Post Your Spells Here

I've worked on converting the Swedish Magic Box to Sorcery. So far I've converted the school of Animism (basically, druidic magic), Demonology (very much a work in progress), Universal Magic and Elementalism. Ivalero has graciously slogged through this and corrected some of the more egregious errors, but doubtless many persist.

Now, I have these as PDFs but I don't know how to upload them to the forum. Can someone more knowledgeable than me help me?

I've incorporated a number of house rules in this, most notably that Perception and Will are their own attributes, separate from IQ.

P.S. The company that owns the IP for the Magic Box has made it publicly available on their homepage, here. DS.

Last edited by Anders; 09-16-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:21 AM   #3
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Now, I have these as PDFs but I don't know how to upload them to the forum. Can someone more knowledgeable than me help me?
The only files you can upload to the forum server are avatars, as best I understand it. You need to put them on some other server and post links.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:23 AM   #4
Anders

Animism (Druid-type spells)

Last edited by Anders; 09-21-2015 at 04:00 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:26 AM   #5
johndallman
Night Watchman

Works for me.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #6
Anders

Now, be gentle. I've never done this before.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
chandley

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post

Statistics: Fatigue Attack (No Blunt Trauma, -20%; No Knock back, -10%; Increased Range 1/2D, ×2, +5%; jet, +0%; Freezing, +20%; Side Effect, Paralysis, +200%; Sorcery, -15%) [28/level]
Note: Fatigue Attack doesnt inflict Blunt Trauma OR Knockback (see Basic p. 378 and 379), so you cant use No Blunt Trauma or No Knockback here.

Quote:

Statistics: Affliction 1 (HT; Accessibility, Only on weapons, ‑20%; Advantage, Annihilating Weapon, +260%; Fixed Duration, +0%; Increased 1/2D, 10¥, +15%; No Signature, +20%; Sorcery, ‑15%) [36].
It would be useful to also spell out the Annihilating Weapon advantage being granted here. Really, with any of the buffs, just about the least interesting part is the Affliction. The meat is the advantage(s) being granted.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:33 AM   #8
weby

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
Statistics: Fatigue Attack (Increased Range 1/2D, ×2, +5%; jet, +0%; Freezing, +20%; Side Effect, Paralysis, +200%; Sorcery, -15%) [24.8/level]
I get the cost to be quite different:
Innate attack(Fatigue) is 10 points/level and applying +210% to it gives 31 points.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #9
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
I get the cost to be quite different:
Innate attack(Fatigue) is 10 points/level and applying +210% to it gives 31 points.
wow, you are right. I was using a base cost of 8 for some reason. I changed it and modified the spell to make it less powerful too.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #10
Anders

Spider Pustule

Keywords: Resisted (Will)
Full Cost: 37 points
Casting Roll: Will
Range: Touch
Duration: 2d days

Okay, I may need some help with this.

The caster touches the subject and after 2d hours, 1d pustules appear on his face. The pustules appear benign, although they are large and blue-black. They swell for 2d days, becoming as large as hen's eggs, to finally burst, causing 1 point of toxic damage per pustule (DR does not protect). A large, non-venomous spider crawls out of each pustule. This will cause a Fright Check. Lancing the boils before they burst causes 1 point of toxic damage, but kills the spiders before they can hatch. The scars lowers the character's appearance by 1 step until the damage heals.

Statistics: Affliction (Grant Disadvantage, lowered appearance, +8%; Linked, +10%; Extended Duration, Permanent, +150%; Onset, 1 week, -40%; Sorcery, -15%; Touch, -20%) [20] + Innate Attack, Toxic (1d; Link, +10%; Malediction 1, +100%; Onset, 1 week, -40%; Sorcery, -15%; Touch, -20%) [6] + Terror 1 (Link, +10%; Onset, 1 week, -40%; Sorcery, -15%; Touch, -20%) [11]. The cost for the Affliction is based on the maximum points needed to drop a person from one appearance level to the next.

Last edited by Anders; 09-26-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Tags
magic, magic as powers, powers, sorcery