Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 09-30-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
TheAmishStig

Default It hungers for the steel of lesser cars...

I want to thank everyone for the encouragement during the times where I was lowest, most full of doubt.

I still need to put the retaining walls on it, but Tilkendrom 2.0 lives. This is the first 'complete' test-fit...one tile "borrowed" from 1.0 needs recut [it's not square], but omelets and eggs and all that.

On the play surface are two different scales of cars...6 o'clock and 9 o'clock are 2x, 3 o'clock is 3x.

I don't think I'll use 3X on this specific layout, because as-is it's a little bit tighter than even Aladdin's Castle...but the obstacle heights and everything else look good with a 3x car, so it wouldn't be hard to put together a few modules to run it at that scale.

It hungers for the steel of lesser cars, and it will be sated in 2 weeks...October 13th, at Save Against Fear in Harrisburg PA.

The next step from here: finding a way to mount magnets securely enough that I can start to move away from permanently-mounted obstacles. The pain is going to be in keeping it from tearing the paint on removal, I think.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
woodchuck

Default Re: It hungers for the steel of lesser cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
The next step from here: finding a way to mount magnets securely enough that I can start to move away from permanently-mounted obstacles. The pain is going to be in keeping it from tearing the paint on removal, I think.
Maybe clear Plastidip?