Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #31
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: First peek at the new counter art from Liz Danforth for MELEE 5/18/2018

I chalked it up to a time/effort saving technique of the artist from having to draw all those extra boots and feet.

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:25 PM   #32
elflord

Default Re: First peek at the new counter art from Liz Danforth for MELEE 5/18/2018

From what I understand, the bellbottoms or Flairs were because at the time, Liz didn't draw feet very well as it was very early in her career. She has progressed far in the intervening 40 years.

Surrender is still your slightly less painful option.
elflord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:13 PM   #33
Kirk

Bellbottoms are back, baby! To me, this is good news for the character artwork Timing, timing is everything. And trends run in generational cycles.

We wore these things in high school and since now that we've been written off as irrelevant oldsters, they can hoodwink the young into this brand new fashion!

http://www.thefashionspot.com/style-...toms/#/slide/1
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:59 AM   #34
JLV

And isn't THAT just hilarious?

My dad used to save all his neckties from the late 1940's right on up to the 1970's, and sure enough, after the stupidly wide neckties of the '70's went out of fashion, his old 1940's and '50's ties were right back in fashion again. He probably saved a ton of money on that whole gig!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote