Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-14-2017, 05:55 AM   #4281
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Ryuki gathers the remaining party to himself as closely as he's able, to get them in earshot. "In a few seconds a bunch of small Disturbances are going to go off at this party. Ignore them--I'm doing that. What I want you to help me with is to count who all else hears them. Watch body language. You ready?"
Patience was never his forte (nor mine, at the moment), though he rationalized it as not wanting all the party to be obviously at the ready. He put his hands together and focused, not so easy with multiple foci, and worked his magic.

In close succession a set of five Disturbances went off in the crowd, two of them near each other and the others better dispersed. The party would note a few reactions:

The tent where Briathos was working fluttered just a little. Apparently you startled him.

Two guys in the crowd definitely heard it, and are discovering the hard way that a surging crowd will only let you to the exits so fast.

A woman in the crowd has the same problem but she's near the back and has less difficulty.

Galen's a little concerned. There shouldn't be noises like that here.

The guy riding the roof of his car, though, that's where things get weird. He definitely heard it and is looking around, more curious than alarmed, until the car jolts underneath him. The thing is, the car tries to jolt in two opposite directions, left and right, as though the front wheels were trying to get away from each other. The man on the back holds the rope tightly and murmurs comforting words in a language only Glen seems to understand.

Glen "Easy there, easy" in old Greek.

"Apollo?" There's a hint of fear in Corat's voice.

"No," Ryuki answers drolly. "A slightly off-Broadway Phaeton. Or at least I hope so, because Doug Hara was a lot more watchable than this guy."

{{I saw this play years ago in L.A. and it made quite the impression. hopefully the link works ))
Old 09-16-2017, 07:56 AM   #4282
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae watches this stunned. This is the dance area, cars are not allowed to avoid damage. But more than that, all of the cars here have to be registered. She is angry, but worried. A violation like this can carry some heavy penalties. The kind of penalties that start fights. Maybe even cause deaths.

Well...if Sunae has her way, it surely will..
Quote:

The guy riding the roof of his car, though, that's where things get weird. He definitely heard it and is looking around, more curious than alarmed, until the car jolts underneath him. The thing is, the car tries to jolt in two opposite directions, left and right, as though the front wheels were trying to get away from each other. The man on the back holds the rope tightly and murmurs comforting words in a language only Glen seems to understand.

Glen "Easy there, easy" in old Greek.

"No," Ryuki answers drolly. "A slightly off-Broadway Phaeton. Or at least I hope so, because Doug Hara was a lot more watchable than this guy."

{{I saw this play years ago in L.A. and it made quite the impression. hopefully the link works ))
Ryuki elbows Kane. "I figure Phaeton is the diversion, not the main event. Can you and Glen persuade the Huntsman to come chat with us?"

Meanwhile Sunae's car girl friends, lacking a familiar DJ to lead them, look to her for directions on how to eject the reckless idiot before his car actually injures someone.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #4283
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Meanwhile Sunae's car girl friends, lacking a familiar DJ to lead them, look to her for directions on how to eject the reckless idiot before his car actually injures someone.
Sunae sighs

Why are they looking at me? This isn't my party.

But some action does need to be taken.

Knowing full well that she may be falling into the distraction, Sunae jumps up onto the hood and gets in the driver's face.

"Hey! No cars on the party floor! Get this thing out of here before someone gets hurt!"

She balls her fist and gets ready to hit him if she needs to.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #4284
Puck

Quote:
Ryuki elbows Kane. "I figure Phaeton is the diversion, not the main event. Can you and Glen persuade the Huntsman to come chat with us?"

Mitch leans over to Kane and Ryuki "Is the fellow on the car a Ethereal do we think? Could we use his presence to convince Galen that we at least just want to talk rather then take him out?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #4285
Dalillama

Quote:
Patience was never his forte (nor mine, at the moment), though he rationalized it as not wanting all the party to be obviously at the ready. He put his hands together and focused, not so easy with multiple foci, and worked his magic.

In close succession a set of five Disturbances went off in the crowd, two of them near each other and the others better dispersed. The party would note a few reactions:

The tent where Briathos was working fluttered just a little. Apparently you startled him.

Two guys in the crowd definitely heard it, and are discovering the hard way that a surging crowd will only let you to the exits so fast.

A woman in the crowd has the same problem but she's near the back and has less difficulty.

"A damn fool, in my book. What the hell is he up to?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch leans over to Kane and Ryuki "Is the fellow on the car a Ethereal do we think? Could we use his presence to convince Galen that we at least just want to talk rather then take him out?"
"Not if Sunae violently ejects him we can't."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:20 AM   #4286
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae sighs

Why are they looking at me? This isn't my party.

But some action does need to be taken.

Knowing full well that she may be falling into the distraction, Sunae jumps up onto the hood and gets in the driver's face.

"Hey! No cars on the party floor! Get this thing out of here before someone gets hurt!"

She balls her fist and gets ready to hit him if she needs to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"A damn fool, in my book. What the hell is he up to?"
"Not if Sunae violently ejects him we can't."
The chario---er, car tries to violently eject Sunae but without luck. The spirits within are too familiar to a Fire Woman and she rides them like it's just an off-road cycle.

The guy riding the car can't decide if she's cute or dangerous, but as far as getting the car out of the crowd he just shrugs. Other than the hot back end, the car is closely surrounded by people. One of them near the front passenger fender just got knocked over, and another lurch forward would seriously injure her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Ryuki spares him a word. He's scanning the whole situation, trying to take in all the variables to come up with a plan. "He jumped at my 'firecrackers', so that's a serious possibility."
Old 09-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #4287
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

"Then let's see if we can shut this rodeo down before someone gets hurt," Kane says calmly, watching Sunae ride the Phaeton like a bucking bronc. For a moment, he taps into the deep wells of Creation, silently calling on his Uncommon Sense to find a way through -- something that will either calm the wild automobile or arrest its motion without endangering the watchers or breaking Sunae's neck.

If she could get at the angel of mercy brake ... hmmm ... if I sing to it, will it calm and respond? Ethereals hear the undertones .... rope, a hose, something to tie this critter down? ...

Thoughts chasing each other, he tries to quiet his tactical consciousness and let Eli's inspiration go to work.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #4288
Puck

Quote:
The chario---er, car tries to violently eject Sunae but without luck. The spirits within are too familiar to a Fire Woman and she rides them like it's just an off-road cycle.

The guy riding the car can't decide if she's cute or dangerous, but as far as getting the car out of the crowd he just shrugs. Other than the hot back end, the car is closely surrounded by people. One of them near the front passenger fender just got knocked over, and another lurch forward would seriously injure her.
Mitch frowns and looks like his tail would be twitching in anger if he were in his Seraph form. He hurries forward as best he can in the crowd and reaches down to the woman who was knocked over. Helping her to her feet he Sings Corp Healing under the guise of brushing her off.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:48 PM   #4289
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Kane feels the pieces falling into his mind -- almost. There's something odd, not quite there.

Since when does Eli send movie images? 'Course, he's the Artist, he can send whatever he wants....

"Guys?" he asks softly, his body tensing and ready for action. "I need someone with just a little more book-learnin' here. I think I got an answer, but I got to make sure I'm readin' this right, and I don't think I've got much time. Some 20-year-old movie scene with Aeolus praisin' Odysseus for bein' the first guy to use his mind instead of his prayers when he meets the gods ... and then he's telling me that the answer should be 'flaming obvious' with a little more information from someone educated."

He trusts the inspiration, but not the clock. If someone doesn't help him fill in the blanks quickly, he's going to have to act as best he can.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:40 AM   #4290
Dalillama

Glen drops into an extremely unconvincing John Wayne impression.
"Weellll, shorely this ain't yer first rodeo, pardner. That there greenhorn is a 'fixin to get throwed by a couplea bad broncs. Mebbe they need a stronger hand on the reins?"
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine