Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #31
mirioki

Default Re: GURPS 2013 Wish List

I just want a 4th Ed GURPS book to describe quadrupedal mechanics (like combat, postures, etc) more in detail.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #32
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsuban View Post
Why wouldn't said non-GURPS GMs be happy with the data from the 3e books which you already acknowledged? What do they stand to gain from SJG investing resources in putting out the same books again with the same information and game mechanics updated for 4e?
Where have I asked for SJ Games to re-issue 4th Edition version of old books? I'd like SJ Games to resume the old 3rd Edition trend of commissioning and publishing research-intensive supplements of real-world relevance. There's lots of real-world aspects they didn't get around to covering.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #33
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Awww. I did not buy the Compact Castles book becasue I rarely use Castles.
However several of the other ideas would be of much higher value to me.
Workshops in particular but also Inns and Taverns.
I don't have too much use for castles either. There weren't a lot of those around in the 10th century. I'd rather have inns, taverns and workshops.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #34
nik1979

Digest and Lite books. Its a market trend but it makes sense more new entry aids are great and even handy for reference for long time players.

Ready made material using mass combat, lite for banestorm, infinite worlds, and gurps traveller. Allow nebies and gms t buy stuff for newbies.
MIB#2428
Old 01-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #35
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
I don't have too much use for castles either. There weren't a lot of those around in the 10th century. I'd rather have inns, taverns and workshops.
Low Tech Compendium III: buildings and architecture?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #36
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
IIRC, I pitched something like that a while back. That was also when I pitched Fantasy-Tech, so it never went any farther than that.
I know that this is probably not going to be TOO helpful, but...

What keeps either of you or Dan Howard, from putting together said "books" in PDF format, and then selling them on RPGNOW.COM?

There is a guy who produced the WHITEWASH CITY materials where he did floor plans for various Old West buildings, in addition to a 3d Paper building process that permitted one to build a visually appealing 3d Old West Town. A while back, someone did the same thing for medieval buildings and printed the stock on cardboard and sold it as a book. I STILL have the book uncut or unpunched simply because I want to destroy the book!

So, why not put your talents together with Dan Howard, and build such a thingie ;)

Heck, I can't count the number of times I've wished I could do the same thing with Whitewash City, but for Medieval buildings instead for my GURPS HARN campaign!

Ah well, nuff said on my part.

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #37
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirioki View Post
I just want a 4th Ed GURPS book to describe quadrupedal mechanics (like combat, postures, etc) more in detail.
On my list as well. Though I would want it to cover other non humanoid body types.
Winged, legless, swimming, semi upright, etc.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #38
DanHoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
The book doesn't have many proper castles in it. It is a compendium of defensive structures - towers, forts, cliff dwellings, brochs, crannochs, guard posts... I think four of them date to the iron age. The preview has a thumbnail of every entry.

Last edited by DanHoward; 01-05-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #39
DanHoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
What keeps either of you or Dan Howard, from putting together said "books" in PDF format, and then selling them on RPGNOW.COM?.
I have already started to do exactly that except that it is selling on e23 not RPGNOW. I plan on writing a series of them each with s specific theme: fortalices, inns & taverns, dwellings, workshops, churches & temples, shops. I've been limited by having to keep the books independent of SJG's IP (no GURPS stats for example).

Last edited by DanHoward; 01-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #40
Rasputin

GURPS Space Opera. Proposed on this forum many times, never done. A three-PDF series at first: characters, GMs, foes.
GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2. More monsters are good. Classics welcome, as well as examples of each type, since this gives us bases for our own monsters.
GURPS Pirates. A short-and-sweet 2 PDF series, like Action on the high seas.
GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 16: Treacherous Traps. Again, to give us something off which to riff.
GURPS High-Tech Companions. Much like the Low-Tech ones, only more advanced.

My GURPS blog.
Closed Thread

Tags
dungeon fantasy, gurps, horses, magic, monsters, wish list