Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
Anders

Default Re: New Advantage Help - No Nuisance Rolls on Steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The combined result was a bit too lethal in the game I ran, so I'm leery to allow the total package again (at least at the start, unless I can come up with an excuse for more monsters to have Missile Shield :P).
Ambient mana results in strange evolution?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #12
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The combined result was a bit too lethal in the game I ran, so I'm leery to allow the total package again (at least at the start, unless I can come up with an excuse for more monsters to have Missile Shield :P).
Obviously because they haven't evolved Reverse Missiles yet.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
Miles

Based on all of the above advice, I'd just simplify it as a 5 point advantage (Call it Lightning-Fast Draw or something), which seems to be in the ballpark of all the suggestions so far.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:07 AM   #14
The Benj

When your chances of a Failure are smaller than your chances of a Critical Success (especially when there's not really a benefit to Critical Success), I don't see it being much of a problem to allow a No Nuisance Rolls Perk for it.
Heck, I'd advocate it just to stop me from having to WATCH them roll so much. :)

Then moments when they're in a dire enough situation that they don't have the crucial 16+ Effective Skill will actually be moments of some tension: With the wash of the blood streaming down his face matched only by the pounding of the rain, his fingers numbed by both cold and the biting pain of the claw marks of the Sha'alba, can our hero clutch the arrow tightly enough? Steady the string firmly enough beside his cheek?

Let's find out...
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage, never fails x roll, no nuisance rolls