Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #1521
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Thanks! Roughly how long in Earth-time would it take him to:
1) Get to his Heart in Heaven
2) Reach a SoCal Tether from the Heavenly end
3) Descend and get patched up
4) Contact and rejoin the group?

I'm pretty sure no one in Heaven would be surprised by his sudden appearance in the Catacombs. Malakim are pretty much on the frequent-flyer plan.

(And FYI, Kane should have 1 Essence left, unless the trip to Heaven provides him with any more, or unless all this running around carries him past sunrise. 5 Essence minus 2 for the Song of Ecstasy minus 2 more for assuming celestial form.)
Hmm--you're so crunchy. <3

Ascend immediately. Hope there aren't any demons in celestial form hanging around right there, waiting to ambush you on the way up. (Rare, and not in this case. Shiro's ghost was not so lucky.)

Get up to the Catacombs. Get teased because you still have a vessel--it costs less to repair one than to replace it, but Malakite.

Debrief your boss while they patch it up. This assumes they pull the vessel and don't just leave it in the truck. Earth-time: trivial. If it's in the truck, it's a lot easier to explain the bloody wreck, but you'll have to wait for the coroner to show up and bag it before they vanish it. Earth time: an hour plus.

Heavenly tethers are thin on the ground in this region. There's an old adoble church in a tiny townlet probably a half hour from where you are, the San Segundo de Guasti in the town of Guasti, tether of Faith. Of course they'll loan you a car, though Malakite...you'll get asked half-jokingly not to wreck it.

A good explanation for all this fuss will get your Essence topped off.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-18-2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: different adjective
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #1522
tHEhERETIC

--giggle-- The man has a bad case of First World Problems, and I'm seriously enjoying this little conversation. There is actually one detail he's leaving out--that's just how I play the character--but it's already out there from way earlier so a person could figure it out if they really cared to.

Will go get caffeinated so I can answer Sunae intelligibly. My first thought is "Thing? What thing? Kane took the doll with him."
Old 01-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #1523
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Will go get caffeinated so I can answer Sunae intelligibly. My first thought is "Thing? What thing? Kane took the doll with him."
Yes, and he drove off with Squire and the doll.

Sunae knows him well enough to guess what he's planning. She wants to make sure the cops, especially the human cops, don't get it. How would they explain it?

She doesn't know he's already done what he was planning on doing, but she's hoping Corat will find him before anyone else does. Since he's the fastest person we have, she is hoping he can snatch the doll from him. We never promised he would keep the friggin' thing

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 01-18-2014 at 09:55 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:27 PM   #1524
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Debrief your boss while they patch it up. This assumes they pull the vessel and don't just leave it in the truck. Earth-time: trivial.
The vessel automatically vanishes when he assumes celestial form and would reappear wherever he returned to Earth. So "pulling the vessel" would seem to be pretty much done, unless David or another superior angel decides otherwise.

As far as an explanation for the mortal authorities -- hey, the guy stole his truck! Left him right there in the lot. You think a redneck's gonna admit to anyone that his truck got ripped off until he has to?

If they decide "bag it and tag it" is an easier option, that's fine -- but he hopes someone remembers to torch the remains so that they can't be readily identified.

Quote:
Heavenly tethers are thin on the ground in this region. There's an old adoble church in a tiny townlet probably a half hour from where you are, the San Segundo de Guasti in the town of Guasti, tether of Faith. Of course they'll loan you a car, though Malakite...you'll get asked half-jokingly not to wreck it.
He's pretty much expecting that. Heck, he'd crack the joke himself.
Quote:
A good explanation for all this fuss will get your Essence topped off.
The fact that he just crushed the demon responsible for attacks on a couple of major Tethers and sent him to Limbo should suffice, yes? Especially since Kane was right in the middle of the Korean assault. Now he can look that War angel in the eye and tell him the self-immolation was not in vain.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 01-18-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:49 AM   #1525
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
The vessel automatically vanishes when he assumes celestial form and would reappear wherever he returned to Earth. So "pulling the vessel" would seem to be pretty much done, unless David or another superior angel decides otherwise.

As far as an explanation for the mortal authorities -- hey, the guy stole his truck! Left him right there in the lot. You think a redneck's gonna admit to anyone that his truck got ripped off until he has to?

If they decide "bag it and tag it" is an easier option, that's fine -- but he hopes someone remembers to torch the remains so that they can't be readily identified.

He's pretty much expecting that. Heck, he'd crack the joke himself.

The fact that he just crushed the demon responsible for attacks on a couple of major Tethers and sent him to Limbo should suffice, yes? Especially since Kane was right in the middle of the Korean assault. Now he can look that War angel in the eye and tell him the self-immolation was not in vain.
Bagged and tagged, which will cost Kane a little more time but cost David and company a whole lot less. Essence topped--say hello to my four-winged falcon War cherub for me.

To allow Kane to return to the party more speedily--the San Dimas coroner can take some time--he'll be invited to borrow a local Soldier's body. Pop over into the Marches where the guy is sleeping, let him know he'll be sleepwalking for a couple hours, and drop down to earth a block away from that bar. With a body he shouldn't go trashing. When his vessel has been tagged it will conveniently get lost in the system. Some coroner's assistant will catch Hell for losing a body but nothing more will come of it.

So return right away in a borrowed body while Upstairs sets up a little paperwork downstairs. Cowboy Kane and the Box of Balseraph will be available in an hour and change.

That's the best I can think of--that work for you?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #1526
Rocket Man

Sounds fine! And boy, do I understand about the San Dimas coroner. You should see how slowly the Boulder County coroner works with a fraction of the caseload.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 AM   #1527
tHEhERETIC

I was going to not-complicate matters by bamfing you all to Corat's place in Ontario but my connection to the internet is slow tonight...slow enough to get the creative juices flowing. Might even be worth having to do the math on the cars...

Will post in IC in roughly 24 hours, unless work is totally boring tomorrow (which it almost never is). Don't let that stop you from posting in the meantime.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #1528
Rocket Man

Quote:
((RocketMan I have not forgotten you, just figuring out how to get you back in.))
No worries, I figured as much, unless the Soldier bore a strong resemblance to Mike. ;)

Old 02-06-2014, 05:34 AM   #1529
tHEhERETIC

Thought of a way to get Michael to open up a lot more (and thus move things forward a bit more). Give me a day or so--dealing with minor but irritating medical issues on top of the whole move and change employers thing.

So what keeps the rest of you busy?
Old 02-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #1530
Rocket Man

Quote:
Thought of a way to get Michael to open up a lot more (and thus move things forward a bit more). Give me a day or so--dealing with minor but irritating medical issues on top of the whole move and change employers thing.

So what keeps the rest of you busy?
A death in the family, actually. Apologies.

Tags
in nomine