Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 06-08-2015, 08:07 AM   #1
Astromancer

Default Has anyone done anything with this type of conspiracy?

I've recently read a book that sees Alternative 3 as a hidden documentary. The book Secret Space Age assumed that there is in fact a whole set of breakaway cultures, including a Nazi based/derived one, all dwelling out in space. The book claims there is evidence of space warfare and that Earth's elites have slave labor camps out in deep space building the colonies the elites intend to run to when Earth's ecosystems collapse.

Has anyone done any roleplaying with this sort of conspiracy theory? The void Engineers in Mage: the Ascension do a very little bit of this, but not much really.

Does anyone know of an RPG with this theme? Has anyone played a game with this theme?

Oh, as for the Olav Phillips book. It's not a scholarly examination of this sort of conspiracy theory, it is a book by a conspiracy theorist. So be warned if you try to read it.

Ancora Imparo

Last edited by Astromancer; 06-08-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
Icelander

Default Re: Has anyone done anything with this type of conspiracy?

Have we, in fact, Been on the Moon Since the 50s?

I haven't run a game set in a present where this is true, but I've certainly run games set in the 1930s and 1940s which might, conceivably, lead to Antartic Space Nazis, with or without Argentinian/Brazilian Hitler-cloning.

Though I suppose that the fact that I could never run a conspiracy game without the supernatural would tend to rule out such a mundane alternate reality as mere Nazi moonbases or space stations.

It's the Hollow Earth where Nazis will Wunz Moar Ride DINOSAURS!!! or nothing, for me. Spice with ancient artifacts to taste, add a soupcon of Undead Stormtroopers armed with poison gas and serve hot with sneering Nazi necromancers and vril-weaponry.